Username: Password:

Author Topic: Accidentally Deleted Primary API key  (Read 8260 times)

Offline casedog187

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Accidentally Deleted Primary API key
« on: December 31, 2017, 02:05:31 AM »
Can this be change and/or fixed?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Accidentally Deleted Primary API key
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 05:07:18 PM »
1. this is not the right subforum for your query.
2. no. if you have no other stored mean of your API (like, in the bot, or printed on a piece of paper) you will have to get a new one. and you will have to have it registered with narkotix for the bot.
3. not having proper backup of your files is the mother of all computer fuckups.

Offline tblim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 12:07:59 AM »
3. not having proper backup of your files is the mother of all computer fuckups.
Maybe he means that he deleted it from the exchange, and there is no way to generate the exact same key.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 08:31:38 AM »
Yeah, but what about backup? I have my API keys saved on two locations. Redundancy, people. You need to back up.

Offline tblim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 08:38:13 AM »
You are right about backing it up.

What I mean is that if he deleted the api keys from Kraken, there is no way to generate the exact same in order to match your previous ones. For example, my API key is X and I back it up. This is what the bot uses to authenticate. If I go ahead and delete it from Kraken, there is no way to regenerate the API key to be X. Maybe I am wrong?

Offline MagicDude4Eva

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 11:11:30 AM »
Yeah, but what about backup? I have my API keys saved on two locations. Redundancy, people. You need to back up.

Well, if he deleted the API key on the exchange, GB will not be able to run any more. No backup in the world will fix this.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 01:41:19 PM »
then the fix is simple, generate a new one, ask narkotix politely to set it in your bot register, and you're ready to go. it is beyond me why you would at all meddle on that obscure corner of your exchange account, to disable your API, but there it is. still, back it up. you never know.