Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gunbot BBTA buy strategy clarification  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Gunbot BBTA buy strategy clarification
« on: December 06, 2019, 09:24:30 AM »
Hello guys,

I have two questions that I hope you can clarify for me.

So in the past days I'm datamining the gunbot logs to get a better understanding of the way the bot sees his environment. It has been really clarifying, allthough the logs come at 3 minute intervalls, so they are not all encompassing.

Yesterday there was a nice opportunity for an agressive small profit on XML. I noticed because on kraken my bot bought, while on GDAX and Binance it didn't.  I run a BBTA buy strategy of similar pairs on these exchanges. After checking the logs and datamined graphs, I noticed two things;

Situation 1) The bot let the opportunity pass.
on binance the bot let the moment go by. The graph based on bot data showed a clear signal, and it was confirmed when I compared it with the log.

What happend was that the ask and buy prices fell below the lower BB (set to 0%). gunbot reported the price not being inside the BB yet, indicating it was waiting for the opportunity. Then the next log cycle (some 2-3 mins later) price was above the entry again and gunbot reported that it was "waiting to buy, price is to high".

My hypothesis is that as the but runs on a delay of 20 seconds, the price shifted from below the BB to in the BB within the 20 seconds. therefore the bot "missed the opportunity".

If so, does takebuy + a sliver of percentage fix this? If my hypothesis is incorrect, could you clarify it?

Situation 2) Double buy protection
The bot wanted to buy, however reported "Double buy protection: we just bought.",

Code: [Select]
Price to sell is not in TSSL range
Double buy protection: we just bought.
************************************************************************************************
l51000
************************************************************************************************

Yet no buying took place. Ive had this before, and I thought I solved it by increasing the amount of funds per trade. These are now high enough, so it can't be the cause.

No hypothesis

Could anyone clarify the situation?

Thank you in advance!

regards,

charunks

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
Re: Gunbot BBTA buy strategy clarification
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 01:50:08 AM »
Running the bot on different exchanges with similar pairs doesn't mean the bot is going to execute the same trades. Even if you are trading with the same pairs and executing the same trading strategy, results can be different. Why? Because if the delay is 20 seconds, even if the carts would be identical on both exchanges, it's possible that the bot #1 process the pair on 12:00:10 and bot # proccess the pair on 12:00:20, so at the moment of checking, the conditions are different.

The only way to make it 100% the same would be running on the same exchange or a different exchanges with the exact same chart and syncing delays. Also sending alerts via TradingView would do the trick.

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 05:26:45 PM »
Aitor,

thank you for replying. I suspected that it had to do with the delay as well; trading action also differ per exchange, so the pairs are similar, but not alike.

As for the double buy protection, any thoughts on that?

Thank you!

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 01:25:13 AM »
Hi, you are not using TradingView Addon, are you? If you want to avoid "Double Buy protection" message you need to:

1- Be sure you (or the bot) haven't purchased that coin, so you have 0.
2- In the case you have "something", the amount should be less than minimum selling amount, else if wouldn't allow to buy as it would try to sell.

So, you don't fix it "increasing the trading amount per trade", you need to increase the minimum selling amount.

Also note that all the strategies have double buy protection (except Macd, macdh and smacross)