Username: Password:

Author Topic: Heartbeat error with BTC-ETH, other pairs working fine  (Read 7638 times)

Offline Charlie Cassel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Heartbeat error with BTC-ETH, other pairs working fine
« on: November 15, 2017, 09:54:50 PM »
Hi everyone.
Newbie here, sorry if the question has already been asked but I've seen in the forums I'm not the only one having the issue.

I've set up the bot today. Awesome piece of software BTW, running the latest version as of today.
I've been successfully trading a few pairs (BTC, BCC and XMR). Bot is working fine and placing buy/sell orders on bittrex.

With BTC-ETH though, as soon as the buy strategy is triggered, I get the heartbeat error message. Here's the log :

Last Bid/Strategy Exit Point: 0.04540005/NaN
Last Ask/Strategy Entry Point: 0.04549850/0.04555013
There are some trading opportunities for BTC-ETH
Scanning Trade History
Tips&Tricks: BTC-ETH can be bought!!!
Last Bid price BTC-ETH: 0.04540005
Last Ask: 0.0454985
Balance BTC: 0.05008836
Balance ETH: 0
On Orders ETH:
Processing strategy bb for BTC-ETH on bittrex
Entering buy cycle
[HEARTBEAT] Sending message to exchanges we are alive

Gunthy IP is fine, firewall settings are fine, pair is set correctly, and as I said earlier, the bot already made successful trades.

Another question : I had a sell order with bb sell strategy setup, and the bot used the gain strategy. As a result, the sell was made way under the 25% high BB. Does anyone know what I did wrong? Here's the log :

Strategy GAIN for BTC-BCC on bittrex -| Selling 0.29446407 of BTC-BCC at rate 0.171205

The error log is empty.
Thanks a lot. Again, awesome soft.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Heartbeat error with BTC-ETH, other pairs working fine
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 06:01:16 AM »
Heartbeat is a general connectivity error. It is also self correcting, so you don't need to worry about it.

Offline Charlie Cassel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Heartbeat error with BTC-ETH, other pairs working fine
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 12:57:15 PM »
Hi, thanks a lot for the answer.

You couldn't be more right, it made a trade while I was on my morning shift. So it looks like it's working perfectly.

Would anyone happen to know why it's selling with gain strategy, and not with BB strategy as I set up the pair? "double up" is set to false, is it related? I don't want to double post in a second thread, sorry if it's not topic related.

Thanks again.