Username: Password:

Author Topic: What happens after initial purchases  (Read 7199 times)

Offline dmadls

• Rookie
    • View Profile
What happens after initial purchases
« on: December 29, 2017, 01:57:28 PM »
Noob pair trading question.  Set up 3 pairs.  Say for example BTC-A, BTC-B, and BTC-C.  Using .1 BTC, BBstepgain, .025 reserve.  After running for an hour I now have .025 in each currency, BTC, A, B, and C.  Now what?  My reserve is .025 so it will not spend any more bitcoin to buy anything.  So now the money is stuck and done?  Do you set up reciprocal pairs to get the money out of the other currencies?  I obviously don't understand the sell part of the pair I assume....

Offline Robsteady

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: What happens after initial purchases
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 10:51:57 PM »
The bot should sell what it bought to each pair once the price or other parameters are met. I've just started with the bot using only the emotionless strategy but the basic idea should still be the same.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 09:39:00 AM »
your bot trades in pairs. what your bot bought, gets sold, once the parameters are met. say, if your bot bought 1 A for 1 BTC, 1 A will get sold once the strategy is done, and you will get 1.xx BTC back (minus the fees). then the cycle starts again, once the buy parameters are met. this is actually the magic of the bot. it can do this ad nauseam, agian and again, when you sit on the toilet, while you sleep, while you watch a movie, while you game ... and your money multiplies with a bit of luck and with a with bit of good pair selection.

Offline dmadls

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 03:27:35 PM »
Thanks.  Yes, I was missing the whole pairs trading philosophy.  Got it now...

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 05:36:14 PM »
Thanks.  Yes, I was missing the whole pairs trading philosophy.  Got it now...
good luck then, put the bot to work!