Username: Password:

Author Topic: Feature Request: Break even, profits & hold coins  (Read 5591 times)

Offline soyabm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Feature Request: Break even, profits & hold coins
« on: August 30, 2017, 07:23:04 PM »
Can this be integrated into GunBot: I have adopted a strategy I use with coins I see long term (6 months, 1 year, etc) potential in.  My goal is to break even and save the remaining coins to sell or hold when/until the time is right.

The mechanisms of the strategy: (for simplicity did not include exchange fees but you will get the idea)

Tier 1 Break Even: Take enough profits to cover my initial investment at target profit margin.
I buy 100 XYZ token at .01 BTC each = total investment of .1 BTC .  My profit margin to break even is 5%, so:
when the price hits .0105 BTC I sell 95.239 XYZ = recovery of my initial investment .1 BTC.   :)

Tier 2, 3, 4 ... : This enables the user to select what percentage of his/her remaining coins he/she wants to sell at user defined profit margin intervals.  :D

Savings:  If I only do Tier 1, I have recovered my costs, and now I have coins sitting in my wallet for the future.   8)

Thoughts?  Please be easy on me, this is my first post.

Offline sylance

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: Break even, profits & hold coins
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 07:54:45 PM »
I really like this idea!  I've been doing this manually since I started by transferring a small amount of coin from Poloniex Exchange to Lending; but to have it automatically do it would be awesome.  There are a few coins I believe in long term holding: BTC, LTC, ETH, and Dash.