Username: Password:

Author Topic: Feature request: Limit the risk of monster bags by double up  (Read 7639 times)

Offline celli030

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Feature request: Limit the risk of monster bags by double up
« on: August 29, 2017, 06:46:21 AM »
Hi there,

some people might be against it, some people might say "oh you just have to have enough BTC in your balance, in fact unlimited". Don't get me wrong: I like Double Up and use it a lot but sometimes I get worried when a coin-pair is brought too many times.

Sometime I have 2 pairs that have each 15% of my overall balance. If those coins go down for any reason and never come back up, I'm screwed. Even worse when I deposit more BTC and those coins get double up again and still don't go up a little bit.

I would like a config where I can tell the bot "Double Up until the coin reaches a certain BTC-Limit". Never invest more than 0,1 BTC in 1 Pair and stop Double Up then. Don't get me wrong: I don't want to sell those coins, I just don't want to invest more to it.

Right now I do that manually: I watch the coins ever hour and when a pair is brought too many times, I set Buy_Enabled = false and Gain lower. But it would be sweet if the bot has such an feature ...

Any possibility for this feature in some future release?

Offline firemound

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Feature request: Limit the risk of monster bags by double up
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 07:27:41 AM »
plus one

Offline agis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 08:51:23 AM »
+1

Offline TenaciousJ

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 06:36:43 AM »
I had to disable double up for just this reason.  It doubles up WAAAAY too often.  Like every 1% drop in price it doubles up.  That adds up fast.  If it's going to double up, it should be configurable in both the timing (i.e. % of drop in price like step gain) and in the number of times double up is allowed to be done automatically.

Offline greentmn1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 02:16:14 PM »
I would agree it seems to double up sometimes at a higher price then it previously bought (v4.0.5).  Would like to be able to say once it droops to this point double up, if it hits this point go 4x and so on.  This maybe fixed in version 5 but i haven't got it to launch  correctly yet to test.

Offline AnotherOne

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 01:13:07 AM »
+1 on this one... kinda crazy sometimes on how often it double up!

Offline mbdash

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 12:17:32 AM »
+1

Sorry I just noticed your post after making one suggesting a solution to the problem.

May I invite you guys to discuss about my proposed solution?
https://gunthy.org/index.php/topic,1532.0.html

Offline drkoos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 11:38:04 AM »
+1
I like the proposal!