Username: Password:

Author Topic: Looking for a realistic answer on profitability  (Read 5600 times)

Offline Crypto man

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Looking for a realistic answer on profitability
« on: November 12, 2019, 09:30:30 AM »
Sorry for this double post but I think my question can be better answered in this section of the forum.

My situation is as follows. Early crypto investor and HODLer. Took some profit in the bullrun of 2017 but since held because I think it is still early days. In 2018 I have started my own business which means I can more or less decide how I spend my time. I am a good autodidact and pretty handy with computers. I don't mind taking some risk.

Currently I am looking into ways to make some income with part of my crypto holdings. One way would be lending (ca. 7% annual interest). The other way (bot) trading. If there are other ways please tell me.

Before I buy Gunbot and put serious time into the  intricacies I would like to know what kind of returns I can expect when running a conservative strategy in the current bear market with an exposure of 10 - 20K USD. I am not asking for guarantees but I would like to know if this is an interesting avenue for me. Or that I am better off HODLing and lending out part of my cryptos.

What is a typical return (% per day or month) and how many hours per day do you spend trading and finetuning the bot?

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
Re: Looking for a realistic answer on profitability
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 12:11:41 AM »
Hi, it's hard to say a % because it depends on several factors like the strategy you use and the pairs you trade with.
Some traders win huge amount of money and some traders lose money. The bot is just a tool to automate a trading strategy, so it all depends on the strategy you run, regardless you trade manually or using a bot.
That being said, a lot of people are getting good monthly profits with Gunbot. Obviously running a decent trading strategy and choosing decent pairs to trade with.

Offline Jaenisch

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 01:34:58 AM »
I went from .01 btc to .0106 btc in a few weeks. Simply using emotionless.

I am learning, so I if I lose it's like 30 cents. Annoying because that can be all my gains for several days. But I feel like I need to learn more before putting more in.

Offline Unibert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 04:25:00 AM »
-100% - +20% monthly? It all depends on you bud. I've been playing with it for a month and a half and have made a LOT of mistakes. But still made about 10%. Hopefully future months are better though.

Offline Dovienya

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 03:57:33 AM »
Still learning here as well and finding pitfalls, but my most frustrating thing is being easily able to find accurate PNL.

I'm not making a ton of money yet, the bot went live last Wednesday. Since then though it's traded over $200k volume and I've not really lost anything.

Not quite making anything to speak of yet, but it's been very engrossing and a nice learning experience. We'll see if this new Stepgain DCA strategy will do anything for me, it made me $40 in about 4 hours (think I spent at least half that long finding the trades in coinbase's statement) so better than minimum wage if it keeps up. :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 03:07:03 PM by Dovienya »