Username: Password:

Author Topic: bot-usage against bittrex TOS - a reason for concern?  (Read 7096 times)

Offline Fruity

• Rookie
    • View Profile
bot-usage against bittrex TOS - a reason for concern?
« on: September 14, 2017, 04:39:54 PM »
hello community,

i just very recently stumbled upon gunbot and this forum.
me of course being extra-cautious, i looked up the bittrex terms of service (https://bittrex.com/Home/Terms).
it says there that "any robot, spider, crawler, scraper, or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access our Services or to extract data" are not allowed and a breaching of those terms might lead to your account being deactivated.

now, my questions are:
-have some of you had problems regarding this?
-do you personally think this might become an issue for users of gunbot (or bots/scripts in general) in the future, as automation might increase?

looking forward to hearing your opinions,
fruity

Offline softgrip

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: bot-usage against bittrex TOS - a reason for concern?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 05:10:24 PM »
They provide an API to use the services and data.

Shouldn't have to worry about it.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:31:53 AM »
They provide an API to use the services and data.

Shouldn't have to worry about it.

I agree, if they wouldn't want to be accessed by apps, they wouldn't allow API usage, as easy as that. They don't care if you are a human, a robot or a duck, they get their % from any operation made  :D

Offline cryptosticks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 09:01:38 AM »
I have chatted with Bittrex support and they are well aware I'm using an automated trading system.  I avoid the word 'bot' when I talk with them because bots have a bad reputation (tend to be disruptive and violate netiquette).

I have three (3) enhanced verified accounts now with Bittrex.  And they verified two (2) new accounts specifically to allow me to do automated trading without conflict.

As long as the GunBot doesn't pummel the Bittrex server or cause disruption we're all good.