Username: Password:

Author Topic: How to keep trading on a pair when there is bag?  (Read 10473 times)

Offline fatihk34

• Rookie
    • View Profile
How to keep trading on a pair when there is bag?
« on: July 20, 2017, 06:02:36 AM »
Hello,

I started using the gunbot but have few problems.

When I have a bag I tried to close that pair and set sell order on poloniex for that bag but when there is manual sell order on polo gunbot can't keep trading on that pair. I receive the following error.

"We sent BUY order but the exchange didnt receive it."

Once I remove the manual sell order on polo for the bag gunbot can start trading on that pair but before buy any it tries to sell that bag first. How can I keep buying and selling when there is a bag in a pair?

Another issue I have that I can't use gunbot on a pair that I do margin trading. I am not trying to margin trade with gunbot trying to regular trade but it sees my margin sell/buy orders etc. and gets confused.

Thank you.

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris • deuro mea umbra absens
    • View Profile
Re: How to keep trading on a pair when there is bag?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 10:28:27 PM »
Present version 3.3.2 the answer is no, you cannot trade on a pair presently active with balance. If you sold manually and completed the order you would be able to.

Next release cantidate 3.3.3 will have a new bag handling capability to aid with more quickly selling bags.
more human than human

Offline Diesel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 05:53:33 AM »
Best way to do this is to move your bag to another account. Polo lets you have multiple accounts, so I have one just for bags...

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 03:43:36 PM »
i have set an order for the pair with the bag and gunbot go on trading on this pair !?!?!

Offline mcsewnab

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 01:35:05 AM »
Diesel has it. If you are using Polo add a linked account and move your bag there. Once its there find the break even/profit price and put in a manual sell order for it on the linked account.

The downside of that is the capital is tied up until it sells. Ideally you would have enough BTC to cover your max trade x pairs plus 1/2 as a buffer.