Username: Password:

Author Topic: Feature Request: True BOUGHT_PRICE override  (Read 5733 times)

Offline krixt

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Feature Request: True BOUGHT_PRICE override
« on: September 01, 2017, 10:23:58 PM »
As explained to me by Gunthar himself on Telegram, BOUGHT_PRICE is ONLY used for when you acquire coins through other means (ex: mining). In these situations, bot does not have any basis for calculations so you must override.

On coins that already have order book history, BOUGHT_PRICE does not do any overriding. Instead, it adds to and becomes part of the average bought price of all previous exchange history.

This Feature Request is for a per-pair parameter that either A) ignores all previous order history or B) sets a rate that supersedes all other orders.

Example: I have 100 trade history on BTC_LTC on Polo. Right now, LTC balance is 0. I transfer in some coins that I bought on another exchange for USDT. The bot should ignore all previous trade history on Polo and use my override'd BOUGHT_PRICE for all calculations.

Example implementation, ignore history older than X days when averaging bought price. This could also be set to the string "ALL" to ignore all order history. Setting to "ALL" would require a BOUGHT_PRICE to be set.

Code: [Select]
"BTC_LTC": { ..., "override": { "IGNORE_HISTORY": X } }

Offline sylance

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: True BOUGHT_PRICE override
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 11:01:38 PM »
OMG!  This explains everything!  If I understand this right, it explains why my first few days of Gunbot was so confusing.  I was on Bitfinex but wanted to use Gunbot so I opened an account on Poloniex and moved BTC over.  When I first ran it the bot didn't act as I expected... was it for this reason?  My first pair was a USDT_BTC pair, and I transferred BTC into Poloniex.

Offline firemound

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: True BOUGHT_PRICE override
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 10:30:15 PM »
Another work around I found to the bought price issue was to manually open buy and sell orders on the pair. Then the data coming from the api is updated and bought price is no longer required.