Username: Password:

Author Topic: [BUG] Gunbot Makes the initial order twice. (Ignoring TL)  (Read 3249 times)

Offline Alphadan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
[BUG] Gunbot Makes the initial order twice. (Ignoring TL)
« on: February 23, 2021, 09:20:11 PM »
Well, it happened more than once but today I was able to notice what was going on.

It has bb for buying and gain for sell, no RSI indicator on-sell, not trailme, not nothing.

The bot made the buy order and went fine, but then it reached the exit price but did not sell, it even went over 0.40% over the exit but it did not sell then the price went down again and back to the entry and made a second buy without selling the 1st one.

I use DCA but the setting has buy down to 1% under the initial buy and this buy was almost exactly at the same price as the first buy it even bought higher than the first one.

Also the DCA is configured to place 1:0.5 ratio and the second buy was for the same amount.

The only clue I found was the bot indeed tried to sell at the exit but the order appeared on my binance account as canceled. but I did not cancel anything I wasnt even logged when that happened.

any report of the same problem with anyone else?

if so there is a posible cause, solution or workaround?

Offline Alphadan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG] Gunbot Makes the initial order twice. (Ignoring TL)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 08:47:19 AM »
Well, it happened more than once but today I was able to notice what was going on.

It has bb for buying and gain for sell, no RSI indicator on-sell, not trailme, not nothing.

The bot made the buy order and went fine, but then it reached the exit price but did not sell, it even went over 0.40% over the exit but it did not sell then the price went down again and back to the entry and made a second buy without selling the 1st one.

I use DCA but the setting has buy down to 1% under the initial buy and this buy was almost exactly at the same price as the first buy it even bought higher than the first one.

Also the DCA is configured to place 1:0.5 ratio and the second buy was for the same amount.

The only clue I found was the bot indeed tried to sell at the exit but the order appeared on my binance account as canceled. but I did not cancel anything I wasnt even logged when that happened.

come on this is a breaking functionality bug i cant believe its only happening to me may be only happening in the linux version? it has happened to me more than once.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 04:42:43 AM »

Have you tried using TRADES_TIMEOUT parameter? It set the minimum time it has to wait to buy again after a the bot buys. This usually fixes doble buys.

Offline Alphadan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 11:49:26 AM »

Have you tried using TRADES_TIMEOUT parameter? It set the minimum time it has to wait to buy again after a the bot buys. This usually fixes doble buys.
yes it would not buy a second time but that doesnt solve the issue since the problem is an order canceled that doesn execute and even if the price stays in sell range wont sell since it thinks it sold already.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 03:31:05 AM »
What you are saying is very weird, I mean, it's like bot was not reading the quote amount.

Are you running MACD or other strategy that makes several buys before selling?

Maybe your MVTS is too high? And you stating your MVTS in your base coin and it's lower that your TL?