Username: Password:

Author Topic: Stop gunbot from a external aplication?  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Alphadan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Stop gunbot from a external aplication?
« on: April 17, 2020, 05:56:40 PM »
I am developing a sort of gui for gunbot since the included GUI crashes the bot a lot. I already made the GUI to display the bot info in a webpage but now, i want to edit the configs of the bot from my GUI.

The questions i have are:

1 Do the configs take effect on the fly after editing configs.js Or do they take effect after bot restart.

2 Whats the best way to externally restart my gunbot, lets say i wanna restart, stop, start on will from my c++ program how would it be???

i know i have the option of kill the process but that method may lead to corrupt bots data, i want to do it the standard way like the gunbot GUI does when you click Stop gunbot / Start gunbot.

Offline sbogovac

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Stop gunbot from a external aplication?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 08:52:25 AM »
Hi there, nice initiative!

And very good experience too. I just wanted to add a couple of thoughts:

1. Why does your GUI crash often? Are you sure your system has enough resources? I do not recognize that behavior myself...

2. You do know that a new GUI is on it's way (and should be released "soon")?

3. If (you are) not aware of 2. maybe you should consider joining one of the customers telegram channels? Communication goes a lot quicker there...

Anyway good luck and enjoy!

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 07:07:55 PM »
Hi Alphadan, the GUI is stable on my end and it doesn't crash, maybe you should check if there is some kind of software that is interfering. On the other hand, a new GUI is about to be released.
Answering your questions,

1- Yes, changes are taken on the fly.
2- This question is something different than standard bot handling. I'm going to figure it out and let you know if there is a better way than just kill / start the process.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 07:55:38 PM »
Regarding question 2:

change this in config:

"start": true,

in gui section
it will start/stop core