Username: Password:

Author Topic: Constructive ideas for TA use in Gunbot  (Read 48620 times)

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Constructive ideas for TA use in Gunbot
« on: August 11, 2017, 01:43:54 AM »
Please if you have a REAL and tested strategy to implement in Gunbot using TA lib, post it here, we will discuss togheter and implement it.

Example: "SMA5 crossing SMA10 and SMA20 as buy/sell signals IF Stochastic RSI is between 30/70 and changes direction"

Thanks!
~Gun

Offline PHaRTnONu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Constructive ideas for TA use in Gunbot
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 01:43:33 AM »
t want to give my stratigy away but i use conditional trading of 10 talib points (meet 9 out of 10 and meed 1 requirement also then issue a buy. sells are a bit easyer. 4 out of 5.) problem is if a rally happens (upward trend over 2% (also able to be flag by a tick counter of a talib (need to compare prior ticks to current ones) i know before a big rally 98% acuracy, problem is i have no tool capible of monitrior every pair at the same time so now i just eyeball it :( same sort of before a big dump i can normaly call a 10% sell of a minute or two before it happens again need talibs of around 7 with a conditional modifier..... anyways if i could have conditional set's that would be great LOL granted i dont even have a copy i have been exploring buying it because its realy teh only tool that could monitor all pairs on a exhange the way i want to....

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 10:17:03 PM »
~snip

by "talibs" you meant? Please explain exactly which one of the over 200 talib indicators you are using and how.

Offline PHaRTnONu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 06:32:12 AM »
all the talibs need to be configuable for customer settings

BBands
Balance of POWER
CCI
EMA *** multiple entances to depending on if selling.buying.long(rally).short(panicsellers)
macd hist signal and macd
Parabolic SAR
RSI
STOCH fast and slow
STOCHRSI fast and slow
Supertrend BF
**EDIT
SMA (again multiple config's)

all the data points are put in to a math formula for wighted descition's if the disction scale meet the goal it takes the action, the same stats will allso tell me when a rally or sell of is going to allow me to buy in at the botem and sell (near) the top or at the top... most of the time im in the ticker 1 minute behind the top....

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:53:45 AM by PHaRTnONu »

Offline DaleyEdster

• Rookie
  • Money never sleeps...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:28:36 AM »
Sounds very interesting! Care to share full details either on here on via PM so that I can test it out? Second opinion and all that. ;-)
Authorised reseller of the Gunbot license. Please PM me for more details and offers!

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 04:55:42 PM »
all the talibs need to be configuable for customer settings

BBands
Balance of POWER
CCI
EMA *** multiple entances to depending on if selling.buying.long(rally).short(panicsellers)
macd hist signal and macd
Parabolic SAR
RSI
STOCH fast and slow
STOCHRSI fast and slow
Supertrend BF
**EDIT
SMA (again multiple config's)

all the data points are put in to a math formula for wighted descition's if the disction scale meet the goal it takes the action, the same stats will allso tell me when a rally or sell of is going to allow me to buy in at the botem and sell (near) the top or at the top... most of the time im in the ticker 1 minute behind the top....

aaaaaand ok, that would be cool and easy to do: a set of configurable variables in config.js and logs. But what we need is to give the bot entry points like: IF sma50 is > sma5 && RSI <= 70 && RSI >= 30 then setEntryPoint(sell)

dunno if you got the para-code

Offline PHaRTnONu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 11:21:44 PM »
right i have attempted coding it in coffee script while i can write the logic steps out in a understanable manner with my english (for the most part) i cant write code to save my LIFE rofl

Offline PHaRTnONu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 09:12:46 AM »
i would love to code it but i cant afford the bot LOL would be more then willing to give the whole stratigy but i would want to be able to use my key's :( i know that sounds dickish but its a sound scalping method to scalp in multiple pairs constantly jumping to the next 2 to 5% wave all day long i just ahve no tool to onitor allt he pairs for the signal's  :( :o more then willing to show screen shots of the method in action too

Offline jeffatkins

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 04:17:11 AM »
Thanks for all the effort Gunthar... Is there a reason why Selling on Gain doesn't place a LIMIT SELL order immediately once the BUY order is filled? Seems like the timing delay could cause a missed opportunity... I'm new to the trading world so forgive my ignorance if this isn't a good idea.

Offline PHaRTnONu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 07:13:10 AM »
here is a tip guntar to add tot eh bots BB bounce. if Middle band is < then prior middle band (.02 tolrence (is if current is 55.89 proir 55.885)) do not trade  a good away to avoid automatic down trends....

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 10:44:41 PM »
here is a tip guntar to add tot eh bots BB bounce. if Middle band is < then prior middle band (.02 tolrence (is if current is 55.89 proir 55.885)) do not trade  a good away to avoid automatic down trends....
ok backtesting this

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 10:21:14 AM »
Whenever BB are constricted and then open, BB theory does NOT work and does the opposite of what you expect... https://youtu.be/gKUOVAwxxBY?t=306

Combine MACD 4C with BB to make BB more accurate... https://youtu.be/f2fSnuJ3Fbw?t=349

---

Combine WPR and RSI, only when both indicators signal (leave their zone), trigger action.

---

Use TA's to bring back something like currencies.js 2.0, grades coins by volatility and percentage swings, something that looks at volume and walls to identify pumps with option to auto activate pair with predefined setting, and perhaps a weather meter showing market condition, etc...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 08:40:56 PM by allanster »
more human than human

Offline vosechu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 04:23:08 AM »
I absolutely love this article about RSI and doing sales in the middle to cover half the risk. http://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/08/rsi-rollercoaster.asp

For me I use MACD and Stochastic RSI primarily, but I double check them against EMA(8),EMA(16), and BB(4). http://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/08/macd-stochastic-double-cross.asp

Offline DaleyEdster

• Rookie
  • Money never sleeps...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 09:00:45 PM »
ok backtesting this

How did the backtesting go?
Authorised reseller of the Gunbot license. Please PM me for more details and offers!

Offline PHaRTnONu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 07:02:15 AM »
Whenever BB are constricted and then open, BB theory does NOT work and does the opposite of what you expect... https://youtu.be/gKUOVAwxxBY?t=306

this is slightly untrue. there are indicators to the bb squeeze exit that is over 70% accurate.
but its almost 90% true the first indication outside the BB after a squeeze of les then 1%  is going to be the direction of hte new trend.

Combine MACD 4C with BB to make BB more accurate... https://youtu.be/f2fSnuJ3Fbw?t=349

this is a new idea to me and thank you for hte coment it looks fruitful i will look more into this my self...

Combine WPR and RSI, only when both indicators signal (leave their zone), trigger action.

have not tried this either thank you :D

Use TA's to bring back something like currencies.js 2.0, grades coins by volatility and percentage swings, something that looks at volume and walls to identify pumps with option to auto activate pair with predefined setting, and perhaps a weather meter showing market condition, etc...

but what ta's to use as a grading average? macd crosses with vol and chop? with volatility oscillator variance?

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 08:59:59 AM »
I'm not sure how to best handle this (which TA's), but it seems logical that in order to maximize profits we would want to select pairs with sufficient volume, highest volatility, and highest percentage swings of that volatility. These should be able to be determined with various TA. Something built in along the lines of what Chirag Mehta has done here... http://botgen.io/#/

This request is probably outside the scope of Gunthar's request for TA suggestions but what is needed is a way to identify pre pump conditions, steady or slightly increasing volumes over time, walls being put up, etc. If Gunbot could identify these "storms" before they hit, then an option to auto enable that pair could trigger with predefined pump settings.

The last "market condition" would be difficult I think to pull off, if Gunbot could see SMA 50 on chart of Global Market Cap then sentiment could be determined by if SMA 50 is underneath then trend is up and market is good, if SMA 50 is above then trend is down and market is bad. This is eye candy but would be a nice overall signal to have.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 09:05:37 AM by allanster »
more human than human

Offline PHaRTnONu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 02:16:06 AM »
I absolutely love this article about RSI and doing sales in the middle to cover half the risk. http://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/08/rsi-rollercoaster.asp

For me I use MACD and Stochastic RSI primarily, but I double check them against EMA(8),EMA(16), and BB(4). http://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/08/macd-stochastic-double-cross.asp
a better tool is HMA just fyi rsi wont get you a sideways market BB bounce rsi can be misleading ina qucik 1% jumping in sideways action look back to the last month of monero youll see

Offline avi8r

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 11:42:18 PM »
Please if you have a REAL and tested strategy to implement in Gunbot using TA lib, post it here, we will discuss togheter and implement it.

Example: "SMA5 crossing SMA10 and SMA20 as buy/sell signals IF Stochastic RSI is between 30/70 and changes direction"

Thanks!
~Gun

Here's something I'd like to see added into Gunbot in the not too far distant future... I like to trade Bollinger Bands, but ofttimes, a currency will not just ping pong, but does a spike up. I'd like some sort of Boolean parameter that allows Gunbot to buy and sell a certain currency as many times as it wants as long as it remains in "X" range, but once it does a buy at the current low, and then spikes up beyond X%, sell at the top once it crosses the upper Bollinger Band, and then disable the pair for any future trading unless and until I authorize it. That's the kind of manual trading I'm having to do and it just seems like Gunbot should have enough automated smarts to do that for me instead of leaving me holding yet another bag.

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 01:45:31 AM »
I would like to see something similar, just a simple entry and exit with option to take last ask. I'd most like to see dynamic trailing stop.
more human than human

Offline dmains

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 05:11:44 PM »
Does anyone know what time parameters poloniex uses for MACD? It seems EMA12-EMA26 is most common.

Looking at the charts on poloniex with 15 minute and 30 minute candlesticks, it looks like the local minima and local maxima of the MACD are more reliable BUY/SELL signals than crossovers.

Not sure if this is available in TAlib, but ideally:

IF Trend(MACD) goes from negative to positive, BUY.

(Could possibly be coded as IF 0>Trend(MACD)>x, where x is some empirically tested value. However, this would buy in some situations besides real 0 crossovers.)

IF Trend(MACD) goes from positive to negative & GAIN > y, SELL.

This would let us ride the pumps and MOST dumps very nicely :)

In the aggressive dump pictured below, we would probably get stuck with some bags, but that's why we have DOUBLE UP :)

XMR/BTC dump https://imgur.com/XPwV8OH
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:04:34 PM by dmains »

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 02:20:09 AM »
If you're not already using, I'm determined to avoid what happened yesterday (Niagara Falls) again, I found indicator that would warn... Variable Moving Average [LazyBear] turn on colors in format style, blue is congestion, if you sold soon as blue, you'd avoid the plunge...

To see what I'm talking about, look at blue before plunge (scroll right in photo)...

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:42:04 AM by allanster »
more human than human

Offline PHaRTnONu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2017, 02:36:41 AM »
isnt that repaint?

Offline swanfield

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 12:19:53 PM »
I don't know if this has been asked before so if it has i am sorry ;)

I will try to describe the feature I would like to see as good as I can.

Let say I would like the bot to buy a Coin on x condition. I would like to have for a x amount of BTC some coins. And when he bought the coins I would like him to sell aa x% of coins per % of profit. So lets say the bot buys 100 LTC. When LTC goes up with 5% I would like him so sell 25% of the coins. Then when it goes to 10% profit I would like him to sell 50% and when it goes higher then 15% profit I would like him to sell the remaining 25% of LTC. This way we could keep a coin longer and sell it with more profit without setting manual sell orders. Lazy as I am ofcourse ;-)

I don't know if this is something easy to be implemented or if this is something others find usefull aswell but I would like a feature like this :-)

Offline DangerousMind

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 01:48:00 AM »
I think a good feature would be a possibility to HODL the bags and continue trading with that coin.
For example by creating a sell option with the default profit value and clear the possibility to buy again.

I tried making this manually but the GB gets confused and tries to sell the sell option. If we could do this using the bot it would be easier to control why there is btc on that wallet but not coins.

A instant buy button would be nice also.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:41:47 PM by DangerousMind »

Offline Greenback56

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 01:47:10 PM »
A swing trading option would be nice to see implemented into gunbot on week odd time frames. I think that would be very profitable for people and if anything could replace step gain as a new and improved function

Offline arranka

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2017, 06:42:46 PM »

I've noticed that in the xt version you can not share vps. For example I have a gunbot and my brother has another gunbot and we have it in the same vps. With a new version does not let you use the vps since it is a gunbot for a pc.
I also see that the version xt you can add more licenses but other exchanges, my brother and I 2 use polonieix, this would not be a problem if one of the 2 used bittrex, but as we use the 2 poloniex we can not put 2 times a poloniex key and this is somewhat annoying since with version 332 if I left you. Please make it possible to put 2 exchanges of the same face in a single gunbot

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 11:35:36 PM »
iam not shure, if this the right place here, but my suggestion is, to make the strategies as "moduls".......

for example "signals", like rsi, bb, macd, ema and so on

and on the other side some "tools" to make more profit, like trailing thing, gain, step-gain and so on......

so it is possible to combinate each......

for example:

as signal ema and gain as "tool" (sorry atm i dont find a better word).

so gunbot wait for the signal and than it use the "tool" to buy or sell........

or another example:

as signal bb and rsi and as "tool" the trailing-thing.......

gunbot waits for the bb and the rsi and if they show an ok, than it use the trailing-thing to get an good price to buy or sell.......

or for buy bb + rsi and gain
and for sell ema and trailing

gunbot wait for an ok from the bb and the rsi and then use the gain to buy for a good price
and if the ema is good it use the trailling to sell for a good price....

and so on.....

so you have much of variations and if you integrate macd and so on, too ...
you have much more (;

Offline Raderlab

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2018, 09:40:36 PM »
When BUY_ENABLED is set to false, DOUBLE_UP is also disabled.

Make it so that these two options do not overlap. Scenario: you want to get rid of a bag, but don't want to buy again after selling.

Offline domlnlc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 09:38:13 AM »
Thus far this bot has been excellent. I noticed a few negative trades during the use of several different strategies. Is it possible to replicate the TraderDaddy script? I noticed while using TraderDaddy I was able to gain 1% every day of my overall BTC volume. Some days 1.5%. I noticed there was never a negative trade. Doing so can yield great profits with 1% compounded interest every day. I can imagine Gunbot can replicate this easily and maybe better. TradeDaddy placed sell orders every hour. Each hour it will recalibrate and cancel a ton of order and replace orders. They were shut down on Bittrex due to generating cancel orders over 5% weekly. GunBot can easily get around this as it is live and will not have to reach out once every hour to place orders.

-TraderDaddy recommended .5 BTC for each coin.
-Lots of micro trades
-Always yielded at the least 1% profit overall for the day. Never a negative trade.

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 01:57:26 PM »
i have a new small suggestion, to give GB a "wallybagging" support......

a kind of GB_dont_touch value.......

for example:
GB have bought 1ETH very high and the price falls........

so you can set GB_dont_touch to 1 and GB ignore everything under 1ETH

and above 1ETH gunbot look for "dust".....

maybe an second option for GB_dont_touch_price, so that gunbot sell this 1ETH for price x.

so you can make walleybagging on one account with the help of gunbot ?!

is a little like the funds_reserve but not for the maincurrencie.....

with this feature you dont need a second accound, only two settings in the config.......

i suggest this, becouse, if you send you bags to another account, they dont really considered in the history/PnL/balance/what ever, from the mainaccount......

and if you use more accounts for GB, thats very confusing, to calculate the profit, if you use one special account for "wallybagging"

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2018, 04:20:43 PM »

I've noticed that in the xt version you can not share vps. For example I have a gunbot and my brother has another gunbot and we have it in the same vps. With a new version does not let you use the vps since it is a gunbot for a pc.
I also see that the version xt you can add more licenses but other exchanges, my brother and I 2 use polonieix, this would not be a problem if one of the 2 used bittrex, but as we use the 2 poloniex we can not put 2 times a poloniex key and this is somewhat annoying since with version 332 if I left you. Please make it possible to put 2 exchanges of the same face in a single gunbot
Gunbots are divided by type only by the OS-processor they run on. There is no such thing as a PC bot and a VPS bot. You can use it on both. You can also run 2 bots (yours and your brothers) easily on the same VPS (I do, I run 2 bots on 1 VPS). But you can't run 2 licenses on one bot. For running two licenses (or more) you need to install 2 bots (or more) in different folders, assign them different ports and run them on the console (not over GUI). But you can run them on the same machine, either a PC or a virtual. Heck, you can run as many bots as you have resources (free RAM and free ports) on one machine, provided you own all licenses.

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 09:39:10 PM »
another suggestion !!!!!!!!!

it often happen, that gunbot get an error (timout or what ever) and i dont see it..........
and iam wondering why are so less trades on this day and so on.......

it were really nice, to get this error via telegram or email.........

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2018, 08:03:17 PM »
and another on ^^

they are telegram groups, that offer (free and/or payed) signals........

i try it since 3-4weeks and the profits amazing !......

whats about an telegram-plugin for GB, like the TV-plugin ?

GB get the signals from the telegramgoup, like that:

Buy XST 8000 - 8300

Sell 8800 - 9500 - 10400 and above

or that:

COIN: #FLO

BUY PRICE: 0.00001740 (HIDDEN GEM)

✅ TARGET ✅

1️⃣ 0.00001900
2️⃣ 0.00002100
3️⃣ 0.00003000 (mid term)

❌ Stop-loss: hold for mid term. Look like #QWARK, It’s a Hidden Gem. Daily chart is sideway now. ATH is 0.00006500. I think it will fly soon.

and trade it........

maybe use the buy price +/- X% as buying signal
and use the target as selling signal or as "gain" and start with trailing or something like that, at this point, to get more profit, if it possible (; ........

Offline CurtMcD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2018, 07:34:08 PM »
A new parameter to enable the user to set the maximum trade volume for a pair (in terms of the secondary currency). For example, if I am buying multiple currencies in USDT, I only want to USDT-ETH pair to purchase 10ETH, so that I have trading available in USDT for LTC, BTC, etc.

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 04:57:19 PM »
whats about "intellegient" or "smart" or "priority" "debagging" / double_up

the guys in the gunbot uni habe show me a good setting, to handle bags, in a case of what happen yesterday.....

but maybe it is a good idea, id you use DU, with not soooo much balance......

if you can choose a priority for a pair, or that gunbot automatical choose the paire with the less or highest -X%.....

for example:

LTC -10%
BCC -20%
XMR -2%

is you use "smart DU" (or how ever you want to call it)
GB try at first to DU the lowest bag, in this case XMR, so that GB have more free balance, to DU the next one, in this example LTC......

ok - market can change and so on, maybe a minute later XMR falls so deep, that it is the lowest, but maybe that help, to solve the bags faster with a low balance.....

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 09:58:29 PM »
another suggestion........

my problem atm is, that i have not much balance....and i often add to much pairs and all ends in bags ..........

now i have calculated how much btc are needet for one pair,

if i run GB with the min. amount to trade(exchange) and with my DU setting.

so i can (for example) run 10 pairs with my balance X.

but maybe it takes a time, till the pairs give a trading possibility.....

if i add for example 20 pairs, than the probability is higher, that the next trading possibility comes faster, but it maybe happen, that every pair give a trading possibility and GB take the btc, that i maybe need for DU the other pairs.

so my idea is, to add all you pairs you want, but say GB "only trade 10 pairs out of this pool".

that mean, GB trades only the first 10 pairs, that give a trading possibility and than "ignore" the other pairs till the next sell circle is over and than waiting for the next pair out off the "pool" that give a trading possibility and so on.....

another idea is, to programm, that GB reserve the hole btc, that he need to DU the pair, so that this btc dont used for another pair.......

so GB automatical trade this pair, that at first give a trading possibility, but without losing the btc, you need in the case of DU and you can add all pairs, you want.......

it is maybe possible to do it by hand, maybe with "FUNDS_RESERVE".........

and if you have much of balance, than this feature is maybe not so helpfull (;

in easy word, it is a kind of aotuselection of the pair, with an auto limitation, to reserve the btc, that are needed for DU, for the pairs, that are "open".

Offline pjones041

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2018, 12:07:42 AM »
I have loved the addition of adding RSI to all strategies.  I would greatly appreciate the ability to also add TSSL to everything.  There are many strategies which work for many people but nearly all of them miss the peaks and valleys.  While searching for the exact peaks can be a fools errand, adding a TSSL option to all strategies can help us all get just a bit closer.  Prime example being BB.  Just because it reaches your threshold, there is no way of knowing if it is in the middle of a dump. As we have all recently seen, we can get caught in the middle of a very long dump.

Offline sJBs

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Constructive ideas for TA use in Gunbot - Variable DU-BUYDOWN values
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2018, 11:08:42 AM »
In order to possibly handle dumps more "efficiently", I would have liked the current constant DU_BUYDOWN percentage to become a formula or series:

For instance, proposing that you should have 4 modes of DU_BUYDOWN

CONSTANT:  As currently implemented, ie DU_BUYDOWN=constant

FIBONACCI:  Using the Fibonacci series for the DU_BUYDOWN(n)=DU_BUYDOWN(n-1)+DU_BUYDOWN(n-2), it should result in the following series
DU_BUYDOWN1=1
DU_BUYDOWN2=2
DU_BUYDOWN3=3
DU_BUYDOWN4=5
DU_BUYDOWN5=8
DU_BUYDOWN6=13

QUADRATIC:  Using the formula for DU_BUYDOWN(n)=a*n^2+b*n+c, with n the number of time you have bought down and a, b and c user selectable constants.  For example if a=1, b=0, c=1 it will provide for the following DU_BUYDOWN(n) series:
DU_BUYDOWN1=2
DU_BUYDOWN2=5
DU_BUYDOWN3=10
DU_BUYDOWN4=17
DU_BUYDOWN5=26
DU_BUYDOWN6=37

as a special case of this QUADRATIC mode will result in a linear solution when a=0, for instance when selecting a=0, b=1, c=1:
DU_BUYDOWN1=2
DU_BUYDOWN2=3
DU_BUYDOWN3=4
DU_BUYDOWN4=5
DU_BUYDOWN5=6
DU_BUYDOWN6=7

EXPONENTIAL:  Using the formula of DU_BUYDOWN(n)=a*b^(n-c), with n the number of time you have bought down and a, b and c user selectable constants.  For example if a=1, b=2, c=1 it will provide for the following DU_BUYDOWN(n) series:
DU_BUYDOWN1=1
DU_BUYDOWN2=2
DU_BUYDOWN3=4
DU_BUYDOWN4=8
DU_BUYDOWN5=16
DU_BUYDOWN6=32

These last two provide for a lot of flexibility (some might argue too much) and should accommodate most if not all styles.

The advantage you (might) have using the non-contant DU-BUYDOWN values is that when dumps are occurring, you (might) have some funding left over to purchase the double ups when reaching the bottom.

Offline Blianga

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2018, 08:32:09 PM »
Random Idea: When trading manually, I find tracking the trending peaks/valleys of RSI very helpful. When the peak/valley trend starts to diverge from the trade price, this typically indicates a reversal. Idk how you would code it up/make it configurable, but I think this would be a very powerful trading tool to have in GB.

Offline wootnoob

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2018, 10:24:52 AM »
+1 for adding MACD indicator.

I'd like my bot to only buy when MACD is positive, as I have found the inbuilt strategies work well when a trend is positive (i.e. the sell price is usually higher than the buy price soon after buying), but perform poorly when the price is slipping (often simply due to the base currency is increasing in value).

Looking forward to Gunbot v9 !  ;D

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2018, 07:46:15 PM »
i really like to the a other way of trailling sell/buy, too.......

maybe the stop gets automatical closer, if the price gets higher.......
becouse the risk, that the price go down is higher.....

and i really like a possibility, to set prices (or %) for stop-loss and a min. sell- value....

becouse i use GB to trade telegram-signals....

and you often get prices and not %.

i have write a little calculator via excel, but it is much of work to calculate the %, if you use GB to buy, too for the telegram-signals....

so a feature, like a min.-sell price is very helpfull, becouse this is the price, under that GB dont sell and above this GB use the strategy, to get an better price (;

it make to sense for the normal usage of GB, but so GB is more flexible and you can use it, to support you own trading by signals or analysis.

and a direct.-buy-price would be very nice, too.... that mean, this is the price for that GB buy direct, otherwise GB tray to get an lower price..... that is very helpfull for trading via signals, too.....

i like to combinate the free telegram signals and GB, becouse till know, it work better for me, like only GB (;

and a feature, like the markettrender would be amazing or a auto-switch for the config, so that GB look for the upper trend (in a bigger timeframe) and use that for changing the config for bearish or bullish.

and a error-notification via email or telegram would be very, very helpfull, becouse GB often stop the work, becouse of errors and i dont see it and so i missed trades and so on.....
or for example, one pair on bittrex dont work and GB start new and ignore the pairs, after this pair..... it would be great, if GB simply skip this pair and send an notification.

with every version GB is getting greater and greater (:
iam exicedly about the new version (:

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2018, 06:59:10 PM »
and it would be very nice, if you can choose/import the config with oder names (in the GUI)......

and/or if the settings get saved in the configfile....

becouse i have two configfiles (bearish, bullish) and to import they in the GUI, i have to change the name, import and rename......

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2018, 04:04:53 PM »
if that possible, a kind of "pump & dump" protection where very nice.......

for example, if the coin goes to high, in a to short time, than better wait with buying.....

but the pump cann use for make big gains, becouse of selling on the top (;
but a rebuy will end in a bag ):

maybe it is possible, to check, how far away the price is, from the MA.......
if the price is to fast, to high above the MA, then it is maybe a risk to buy, becouse it is possible, that the price will dump soon....
so GB can wait....

of course it is better, to dont trade this pairs, but there is no list wich pairs are typical "pump & dump" pairs ????

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2018, 10:14:27 PM »
auto buy BNB feature !

i like to suggest, that GB should auto buy new BNB (for fee) on binance, if the BNB amount is to low......

something like that:

if BNB under X buy Y new BNB

Offline traderch2000

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2018, 07:55:37 PM »
Can we have a filter like RSI and stochastic for EMA

that way the bot only trades when the 50 EMA is above the 100 EMA ??

Offline traderch2000

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2018, 08:12:11 PM »
+1 for adding MACD indicator.

I'd like my bot to only buy when MACD is positive, as I have found the inbuilt strategies work well when a trend is positive (i.e. the sell price is usually higher than the buy price soon after buying), but perform poorly when the price is slipping (often simply due to the base currency is increasing in value).

Looking forward to Gunbot v9 !  ;D

I love this idea too  :) :)

Offline pwaggs

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2018, 06:20:01 PM »
auto buy BNB feature !

i like to suggest, that GB should auto buy new BNB (for fee) on binance, if the BNB amount is to low......

something like that:

if BNB under X buy Y new BNB

+1000
Please!

Offline busera

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2019, 04:13:56 PM »
Hello,
I am heavy TradingView (TV) user therefore I have some ideas/feature requests for the TradingView add-on:

- Implement Telegram order confirmation also for orders triggered by TV alerts (Telegram Order Timeout) --> BTW: I thought that this would already be in place :-(
- Allow TV alerts to place buy orders based on percentage, e.g. 3% of base currencies, instead of a total amount, example: "BUY_BINANCE_BTC-ADA_3P"
- Allow TV alerts to place sell orders using percentage value, e.g. 50% of coin, to allow target-based selling (T1, T2, ...), example: "SELL_BINANCE_BTC-ADA_50P"
- Combine TV alerts with GunBot confirmation indicators, example:
     -- TV alert is coming in and GunBot verifies if the additional defined (confirmation) indicators are also met, prior to place the order. Reason: in TV you cannot combine indicators or conditions for alerts, therefore a workaround in GB would be nice, at least for basic confirmation checks.

AND, please consider add-on / module similar to the PT ProfitTracker --> this is just a very helpful dashboard/overview (see attachment).

PS: Screenshot from product side.

Cheers
Andre
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:21:59 PM by Gunthar »

Offline busera

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2019, 04:21:10 PM »
Hello,
I am heavy TradingView (TV) user therefore I have some ideas/feature requests for the TradingView add-on:

- Implement Telegram order confirmation also for orders triggered by TV alerts (Telegram Order Timeout) --> BTW: I thought that this would already be in place :-(
- Allow TV alerts to place buy orders based on percentage, e.g. 3% of base currencies, instead of a total amount, example: "BUY_BINANCE_BTC-ADA_3P"
- Allow TV alerts to place sell orders using percentage value, e.g. 50% of coin, to allow target-based selling (T1, T2, ...), example: "SELL_BINANCE_BTC-ADA_50P"
- Combine TV alerts with GunBot confirmation indicators, example:
     -- TV alert is coming in and GunBot verifies if the additional defined (confirmation) indicators are also met, prior to place the order. Reason: in TV you cannot combine indicators or conditions for alerts, therefore a workaround in GB would be nice, at least for basic confirmation checks.

And

Please consider an add-on / module similar to the PT ProfitTracker --> this is just a very helpful dashboard/overview (see attachment).

PS: Screenshot from product side.

Cheers
Andre

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Constructive ideas for TA use in Gunbot - Variable DU-BUYDOWN values
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2019, 11:21:03 PM »
In order to possibly handle dumps more "efficiently", I would have liked the current constant DU_BUYDOWN percentage to become a formula or series:

For instance, proposing that you should have 4 modes of DU_BUYDOWN

CONSTANT:  As currently implemented, ie DU_BUYDOWN=constant

FIBONACCI:  Using the Fibonacci series for the DU_BUYDOWN(n)=DU_BUYDOWN(n-1)+DU_BUYDOWN(n-2), it should result in the following series
DU_BUYDOWN1=1
DU_BUYDOWN2=2
DU_BUYDOWN3=3
DU_BUYDOWN4=5
DU_BUYDOWN5=8
DU_BUYDOWN6=13

QUADRATIC:  Using the formula for DU_BUYDOWN(n)=a*n^2+b*n+c, with n the number of time you have bought down and a, b and c user selectable constants.  For example if a=1, b=0, c=1 it will provide for the following DU_BUYDOWN(n) series:
DU_BUYDOWN1=2
DU_BUYDOWN2=5
DU_BUYDOWN3=10
DU_BUYDOWN4=17
DU_BUYDOWN5=26
DU_BUYDOWN6=37

as a special case of this QUADRATIC mode will result in a linear solution when a=0, for instance when selecting a=0, b=1, c=1:
DU_BUYDOWN1=2
DU_BUYDOWN2=3
DU_BUYDOWN3=4
DU_BUYDOWN4=5
DU_BUYDOWN5=6
DU_BUYDOWN6=7

EXPONENTIAL:  Using the formula of DU_BUYDOWN(n)=a*b^(n-c), with n the number of time you have bought down and a, b and c user selectable constants.  For example if a=1, b=2, c=1 it will provide for the following DU_BUYDOWN(n) series:
DU_BUYDOWN1=1
DU_BUYDOWN2=2
DU_BUYDOWN3=4
DU_BUYDOWN4=8
DU_BUYDOWN5=16
DU_BUYDOWN6=32

These last two provide for a lot of flexibility (some might argue too much) and should accommodate most if not all styles.

The advantage you (might) have using the non-contant DU-BUYDOWN values is that when dumps are occurring, you (might) have some funding left over to purchase the double ups when reaching the bottom.

This is a good case imo, fibonacci are already in gunbot I will implement this in v13. I will also make a dedicated strategy with fibonacci, thinking about buy at each retracement up and selling at each retracement down, giving the user the option to select what % of capital to sell at each retracement line.
Thoughts?