Username: Password:

Author Topic: MACD buys when Macd-line crosses the signal line from above  (Read 3281 times)

Offline Zeke

• Rookie
    • View Profile
MACD buys when Macd-line crosses the signal line from above
« on: January 17, 2021, 12:11:21 AM »
Hi friends

I set up a strategy with MACD-buy and TSSL-sell. I use it on several alts. Base is btc.
Now sometimes a buy order is sent out, right when the MACD-line crosses the signal-line from above (which should be a sell signal actually).

How can this be? Any suggestions?

Edit: I might have found a pattern/the reason. It's if the TSSL-sell fires if the MACD ist still above the signal-line. If MACD crosses now down over the signal line, a buy order gets out. I really don't think this should be like that. Any clue how to overrule this?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 05:07:45 PM by Zeke »

Offline OBT

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: MACD buys when Macd-line crosses the signal line from above
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 08:04:47 AM »
Happens to me to, I think the macd crossing is too sensitive, and maybe it fires a signal to buy on crossing down if the candle stick went down up and down again.
It would be great if there was a Gain or trail feature , after the macd crosses up,to see if it really crossed up or just touched the line and went back down.

Offline Zeke

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 04:15:56 PM »
Thank you for your reply. Actually that was my initial suspicion. One can even see how the MACD-line gets ajusted at every cycle. In my opinion it should only be ajusted at the end of the period. Do you have a walkaround? I would love to use MACD as an entry point but the bot keeps buying crossdowns which is a bit uncomfortable.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 12:51:48 AM »
Thank you for your reply. Actually that was my initial suspicion. One can even see how the MACD-line gets ajusted at every cycle. In my opinion it should only be ajusted at the end of the period. Do you have a walkaround? I would love to use MACD as an entry point but the bot keeps buying crossdowns which is a bit uncomfortable.

In order to make it less reactive, raise the delay. In my experience, higher delays works much better than lower delays as the bot gets too reactive.