Username: Password:

Author Topic: Credibility issue  (Read 2663 times)

credit

Credibility issue
« on: February 27, 2020, 07:14:00 AM »
Hi folks,

I'm looking to buy Gunbot. As with any big purchase, especially something as risky as bot which have access to my funds I decided to do a bit of research.

This is what I find and wanna get feedback from the community as I feel the bot has serious credibility issue.

Why are there resellers?
Incentivise them to support customers?
Why should I pick one reseller over another?

Why many websites to buy the bot?
As a customer I'm asking myself - are these copy cats, fakes, scams, middlemen, etc ....
Some of this website run affiliate programs - it all feels there are too many middlemen taking a cut, what portion of the money go for development?

Many websites with "different" pricing - 75% off, 50% off
At the end the price is the same but makes it look like the price is different before the discount which leads to ask oneself what are the differences ... this making the purchase harder!

Cheap "scam like" messaging
Huge discounts - 75% off, 50% off - huh, I'm going to give this thing access to my fund and pricing feels like i'm for a cheap product that will fail a week later. Why discounts for something which should be a money-printing machine?
Winter sale - am I buying a jacket?
Offer expires in 1day 12hrs - fast retail messaging, buying financial tool is not an impulsive purchase!
Videos featuring young attractive ladies - apart from how wrong this feels outside the context of the product, this is not how a normal traders look like! You don't make decision in which bank to open your account by how attractive are attendants are! On the contrary, the less attractive the more customers will likely to trust them ..

Hopefully, I don't offend anyone. I feel this product has serious credibility issue and this likely harms the product and the community.
Please prove me wrong and help me make a decision to buy or not! I'm looking forward to join the GUNBOT community but need to make sure I'm protecting my investment in money and time.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:19:31 AM by credit »

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
Re: Credibility issue
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 12:50:44 PM »
Hi, I get your point. Let me answer your questions:

Why are there resellers?

I agree it's not the most common structure, but there is a reason. First of all, the community is very big, there are thousands of botters. At the beginning, when the bot was lauched in 2016, there was only one coder, now there are a lot of coders from all over the world 100% focused on releasing new versions, fixes and improvements. At some point, it got really difficult to give support to so many people, specially considering language barrier, that's why there are different resellers:

1- More persons giving support, that is, better support.
2- Coders can focus on what they do: Code.
3- Support on many languages covered.

Why should I pick one reseller over another?

Obviously that's your call. Maybe you prefer one reseller because he can speak your native language, maybe because you like his website, maybe because you found good feedbacks about him...

Why many websites to buy the bot?

Each reseller has his own website. As you said, there are fakes out there. That's why we have an official reseller list:

https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/wiki/Resellers

As you said, some resellers have affiliate program. Note that being reseller means to give support 14 hours a day, it implies hiring a support team and it's highly time demanding. Some people maybe prefer just to recommend the bot to some friends and get a cut. As you can see, being affiliate and reseller it's a very different thing.

Many websites with "different" pricing - 75% off, 50% off

The real discount is 50% as the price has always been 0.10 for an Standard license. However, there are some resellers out there using unethical methods to make it look as they have cheaper prices. I agree with you in this point, and personally I don't like it and I don't do it.

Cheap "scam like" messaging. ffer expires in 1day 12hrs

I agree, it looks pretty shady and scammy, I do not do that, and I don't like it, not at all.

Videos featuring young attractive ladies

I don't see the problem here, as far as you give the correct message. Why would it be a problem? Is it a problem to be too beautiful, too ugly, too fat, too old? I would try to avoid falling in prejudices and preconceptions.

Hopefully, I don't offend anyone.

Of course not, I get your point, and I even agree with some things. It's fine to give opinions, as far you do with respect, like you did.

Finally, you can check for feedbacks on many different places, for example here:

https://gunthy.org/forum/index.php/topic,1389.0.html

This bot has been around for more than 3 years and there are a lot of positive feedbacks out there.

credit

Re: Credibility issue
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 04:59:24 PM »
Hi Aitor

Thanks for your responses!

I think I now get the picture and hopefully this post will help others make their decision.
I just want to respond to one thing:

Videos featuring young attractive ladies

I don't see the problem here, as far as you give the correct message. Why would it be a problem? Is it a problem to be too beautiful, too ugly, too fat, too old? I would try to avoid falling in prejudices and preconceptions..
It's the wrong marketing for the product. IMO, it appeals to customer's sexual drive to sell financial software product. This likely does more damage than driving sales.

After your answers I can see how things got where there are - coders want to focus on coding and the reseller gig allows for unlimited growth of sales and support.

While I feel more confident in making this purchase I do believe it's in everyones' interest to put some guidelines for marketing and pricing as new customers are not aware of the whole reseller arrangement. The multiple websites, pricing, reddit subs, youtube channels and inconsistent marketing makes the whole thing look like a scam. One cannot tell what is the overall size of the community as it is distributed in private telegram groups and behind resellers websites and this doesn't help ether.

Thanks for your time!