Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ride the rocket?  (Read 9945 times)

Offline AllYourBaseRBelong2Us

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Ride the rocket?
« on: June 06, 2017, 09:39:55 PM »
Just purchased GB and getting it set up on dedicated Windows VPS (because Linux hurts my eyes ;)) and SUPER excited about getting started.  Just PM'd Gunthar a few questions about the 3.3 version of the Windows app, but here's a general question:

Before GB, on Poloniex I've been manually using a very simple GAIN method, just buying 10-15% below EMA and selling 10-15% above purchase price, OR holding on a steep rise until a 10% pullback.  Is there a way in GB to basically say "only sell after X% pullback on a Y% increase over purchase price"?  Manually, I would hold on a crazy 50% increase in value over a day or two, and ride out the 3-8% pullback gyrations on the way up, but when it pulls back 10%, as long as my profit is still at least 10% after that pullback, I'd sell.  If no way to do that in GB today, maybe a feature request?

That may go against the principles of GB's microtrades, but if you have any ideas (or see a fatal trading flaw) let me know.  It's worked quite well manually in the last month.  Thanks.