Username: Password:

Author Topic: Prize for best answer!!: Run Single License on multiple computers?  (Read 11696 times)

Offline I_am_Amicus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Hi All,
I have Gunbot 3.3 and a single Bittrex license with one API key registered with Gunthar.

Objective: I would like to run Gunbot on my linux laptop and on my windows desktop at the same time using different currency pairs.

1: Is this possible without infringing the generous license agreement?
2: Is it ok to use the same Bittrex API key on both machines at the same time?
3: If answer to Q1 = yes, and Q2 = No, how can I achieve Objective 1

I have recently been bestowed with a sizeable amount of ERc20 tokens. The prize of 1 million tokens shall be awarded to the person who provides the best response to my questions above. By best I mean expeditious, veracious and concise.
The winner will need to send me a public Ethereum key/address to receive their prize. Competition ends 12:03 pm (GMT) Monday 9th of October 2017, Prize winner shall be announced shortly after that.

Eligibility:
To enter you must:
1: Derive happiness from helping out fellow members of the gunbot community.
2: Have a sense of humour.
3: Never have worn a polo shirt with the collar popped (exception for female tomboys)

Thank you and best of luck

Amicus

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Prize for best answer!!: Run Single License on multiple computers?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 12:30:58 PM »
>1: Is this possible without infringing the generous license agreement?

YES

>Is it ok to use the same Bittrex API key on both machines at the same time?

YES

>If answer to Q1 = yes, and Q2 = No, how can I achieve Objective 1

The only concern is the load on the Bittrex API.
You may balance it nicely so you don't receive warning messages from Bittrex, or even "punishments" like a week API ban or such.
I'd try to avoid more than 1 or a couple of API calls per second (for all the machines).

This may be tricky as it depends on how you run the processes on your various machines.

If you can, make a script or so (like using AutohotKey) to run smoothly each pair one after the other, and running each Gunbot instance one after the other.

Hoping it's clear - but the idea is not to have all them run at the same time, which would throw 20, 40 or 60 API calls at the same time/second(s), which could end up bad.

>1: Derive happiness from helping out fellow members of the gunbot community.

I'm happy  ;D

>2: Have a sense of humour.

You must have some in order to make Gunbot work the way you wish it works...

>3: Never have worn a polo shirt with the collar popped (exception for female tomboys)

I don't even know what it is.
Right now I'm naked and wear only wooden shoes  :o

Offline I_am_Amicus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 02:18:54 PM »
very good response, you are in the lead... +1 for creative use of wooden shoes

>1: Is this possible without infringing the generous license agreement?

YES

>Is it ok to use the same Bittrex API key on both machines at the same time?

YES

>If answer to Q1 = yes, and Q2 = No, how can I achieve Objective 1

The only concern is the load on the Bittrex API.
You may balance it nicely so you don't receive warning messages from Bittrex, or even "punishments" like a week API ban or such.
I'd try to avoid more than 1 or a couple of API calls per second (for all the machines).

This may be tricky as it depends on how you run the processes on your various machines.

If you can, make a script or so (like using AutohotKey) to run smoothly each pair one after the other, and running each Gunbot instance one after the other.

Hoping it's clear - but the idea is not to have all them run at the same time, which would throw 20, 40 or 60 API calls at the same time/second(s), which could end up bad.

>1: Derive happiness from helping out fellow members of the gunbot community.

I'm happy  ;D

>2: Have a sense of humour.

You must have some in order to make Gunbot work the way you wish it works...

>3: Never have worn a polo shirt with the collar popped (exception for female tomboys)

I don't even know what it is.
Right now I'm naked and wear only wooden shoes  :o

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 07:00:19 PM »
Hi All,
I have Gunbot 3.3 and a single Bittrex license with one API key registered with Gunthar.

Objective: I would like to run Gunbot on my linux laptop and on my windows desktop at the same time using different currency pairs.

yes, it is.

I wouldn't. I would use separate accounts for each base currency and get corresponding API keys. Now, I can appreciate not all exchanges may grant you separate accounts as is the case with Kraken.

Open separate accounts for each base currency plus one additional for stowing bags. Get correspondent API keys except for the stowing account (no need), send them to Gunthar and have them validated into your bot "account". Set up as many folders as there are exchange accounts minus the one stowing bags (you will deal with those manually I presume). Copy a set of gunbot files into each folder. Set up corresponding configs for your different base currency pairs, and start all the bots. You still have to respect your API call count, but as there are now several accounts open you're less likely to run into trouble. Once all base currency accounts are full of bags, just move them into the stowage account and start fresh  ::). This will be fun, I can see why you would want that.

To enter you must:
3: Never have worn a polo shirt with the collar popped (exception for female tomboys)

1. I try but I strongly doubt that I made anyone happy... As always, this was not financial advice, as I am a poor crypto investor.
2. Sorry, none here (... and Paramecie might be a Dutch biologist, for all we know).
3. Crap. I went to uni in the 80's. I have even attended a Spandau Ballet concert. Well, along Pixies, Motörhead, Saxon and Iron Maiden ... but there it is (there were some girls at play on the SB concert, not trying to excuse myself, just saying). It was the most abominable iteration also: two polo shirts of contrasting colors worn one over the other, with both collars popped. No coin for me.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 07:19:54 PM by sloaleks »

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 07:59:41 PM »
>Get correspondent API keys except for the stowing account (no need), send them to Gunthar and have them validated into your bot "account".

That can be a loonnnnng process, unfortunately, but yes, it would be "cleaner" to have an API key per bot.

>You still have to respect your API call count, but as there are now several accounts open you're less likely to run into trouble.

I'm not 100% sure of this: they may not be so stupid, and count the total API calls per account, and not only per API.
In this case, you'd need multiple accounts, verified, and then it starts to be a bit complicated...

>2. Sorry, none here (... and Paramecie might be a Dutch biologist, for all we know).

I am not - I just admire paramecias because they have only 1 single cell to do everything; move, digest, sense, reproduce... that's so efficient!
Imagine that when we only use a few % of our brain...

>3. Crap. I went to uni in the 80's. I have even attended a Spandau Ballet concert. Well, along Pixies, Motörhead, Saxon and Iron Maiden ...

If you survived such music, you really deserve the above prize.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 09:00:08 PM »
If you survived such music, you really deserve the above prize.
Sometimes I still listen to some of it. Spandau was clean British pop, and although I always liked a bit harder rock music, I kinda liked it. Even The Cure, Madness, Bowie, Depeche Mode and such. Heck, even The Eagles. Heckheck, even Nena - BTW, she almost looks better now at almost 60 than in 1983 ... I wish I could say that for meself  :o

Offline I_am_Amicus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »
Great answer +1 for the use of reverse psychology. You played the Iron maiden card well which cancels out up to 3 popped collars, you are still in the game.

Hi All,

yes, it is.

I wouldn't. I would use separate accounts for each base currency and get corresponding API keys. Now, I can appreciate not all exchanges may grant you separate accounts as is the case with Kraken.

Open separate accounts for each base currency plus one additional for stowing bags. Get correspondent API keys except for the stowing account (no need), send them to Gunthar and have them validated into your bot "account". Set up as many folders as there are exchange accounts minus the one stowing bags (you will deal with those manually I presume). Copy a set of gunbot files into each folder. Set up corresponding configs for your different base currency pairs, and start all the bots. You still have to respect your API call count, but as there are now several accounts open you're less likely to run into trouble. Once all base currency accounts are full of bags, just move them into the stowage account and start fresh  ::). This will be fun, I can see why you would want that.

To enter you must:

1. I try but I strongly doubt that I made anyone happy... As always, this was not financial advice, as I am a poor crypto investor.
2. Sorry, none here (... and Paramecie might be a Dutch biologist, for all we know).
3. Crap. I went to uni in the 80's. I have even attended a Spandau Ballet concert. Well, along Pixies, Motörhead, Saxon and Iron Maiden ... but there it is (there were some girls at play on the SB concert, not trying to excuse myself, just saying). It was the most abominable iteration also: two polo shirts of contrasting colors worn one over the other, with both collars popped. No coin for me.

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 01:23:04 AM »
>Sometimes I still listen to some of it. Spandau was clean British pop, and although I always liked a bit harder rock music, I kinda liked it. Even The Cure, Madness, Bowie, Depeche Mode and such. Heck, even The Eagles. Heckheck, even Nena - BTW, she almost looks better now at almost 60 than in 1983 ... I wish I could say that for meself  :o

I'm more P. Gabriel, F. Zappa, Magma (yes!), Radiohead (& Yorke), Stranglers, Esbjörn Svensson Trio, Talk Talk... and I prefer Nina Hagen to Nena  ;D
But hey, I think we've lost the thread somewhere...
A serious subject now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjK71oZAxgk
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 02:13:24 AM by paramecie »

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 06:40:35 AM »
Yep, put the bot to work! Daddy needs new shoes, hehe  8).

Offline I_am_Amicus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 04:44:41 AM »
Thanks guys for your time and sharing your experience. My self and fellow judges ( Gary Numan, Meat Loaf and Boy George) scored the responses as follows;

Mr Sloaleks
Presentation:9
Technical skill: 7
Timing: 8
Footwork 9
Je nais se quoi 10
TOTAL: 43

Mr Paramicie

Presentation:8
Technical skill: 9
Timing: 7
Footwork 9
Je nais se quoi 10
TOTAL: 43

As often is the case the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. It's a tie so if you both send me an ether address I can send you on your prize.

With great wealth comes great responsibility, never forget that vulnerable adults may look to you for fashion advice. Spend wisely.

thanks again

Amicus

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 05:54:44 AM »
Thank you very much, kind Sir. Made me blush ... Will send address later today, don't have it on me right now.
Kind congratulations to mr. Paramecie also!

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 12:11:45 PM »
Yes, but you Amicus better deserve the prize than us.
Your latin name seems to be appropriate, mon ami.

This has been a rare and fun ask for help, so very different than how many people typically do, as:
"plz my bot didn't make me rich, send me the settings. thx"
 ::)

Again, thank YOU for this discussion.

I'll use this donation to the brand new Paramecie's Foundation I just created, which helps poor paramecias being moisten with a cold beer from time to time.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 04:15:03 PM »
What a wonderful cause, paramecie! Nobody thinks much of single cell organisms anymore (except for homebrewers, we care very much about those small cerevisiae funguses). I tend to soak mine in warm wort, to produce said cold beers (to later kindly soak nerve cells in it). Ahh, the simple things in life. Overlooked, my friends, overlooked.

Offline I_am_Amicus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 03:53:17 PM »
My Russian pen palls sent me 200 billion of those tokens. I'm happy to share the wealth. I think they are trading at BTC .00000001 on Etherdelta. So if I can sell my 200 billion at 1 satoshi I stand to make $10million. If only I can find a buyer  :o

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 06:45:49 PM »
Oh, Amicus, I thought the pen was yours ... https://i.imgur.com/sSlobxt.jpg

Offline I_am_Amicus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 12:24:24 PM »
I just did the visual branding, that's why they gave me the 200 billion.  :D