Username: Password:

Author Topic: N00b Question : How to force a buy or a sell Cycle  (Read 3083 times)

Offline Orthoformation

• Rookie
    • View Profile
N00b Question : How to force a buy or a sell Cycle
« on: April 15, 2021, 06:20:06 PM »
OK, so I know this wll probably sound dumb, but here it is...
I cannot figure out why on earth, the bot seems to always want to do the opposite of what I have in mind (trying to sell when  want it to buy and vice versa) !

What I'm trying to do :
In order to get started simply with automation, I want to setup a simple TSSL "buy" bot that will ONLY buy, only once, with a trailing target as price goes down.
(and then a second strat for selling, that will only sell, and I plan on firing those two strats manually, instead of using the useless stop-limit orders from the exchange).

Problem :
Even though Selling is DISABLED in my "TSSL-Buy-only" strat...
...The bot stil thinks it should be in a sell cycle when I start it.

Nope, dear bot, I want you in a BUY cycle !
HOW do you tell the bot to ignore whatever makes it think it should be in a sell cycle (previous orders on my account, I guess), and switch to a Buy cycle ?

In other words : How do you force a cycle ?

I have tried setting "ignore transactions before..." but it doesn't change the behaviour.

What "duh" setting am I missing ?

Thanks in advance for the help !

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
Re: N00b Question : How to force a buy or a sell Cycle
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 08:26:46 AM »
OK, so I know this wll probably sound dumb, but here it is...
I cannot figure out why on earth, the bot seems to always want to do the opposite of what I have in mind (trying to sell when  want it to buy and vice versa) !

What I'm trying to do :
In order to get started simply with automation, I want to setup a simple TSSL "buy" bot that will ONLY buy, only once, with a trailing target as price goes down.
(and then a second strat for selling, that will only sell, and I plan on firing those two strats manually, instead of using the useless stop-limit orders from the exchange).

Problem :
Even though Selling is DISABLED in my "TSSL-Buy-only" strat...
...The bot stil thinks it should be in a sell cycle when I start it.

Nope, dear bot, I want you in a BUY cycle !
HOW do you tell the bot to ignore whatever makes it think it should be in a sell cycle (previous orders on my account, I guess), and switch to a Buy cycle ?

In other words : How do you force a cycle ?

I have tried setting "ignore transactions before..." but it doesn't change the behaviour.

What "duh" setting am I missing ?

Thanks in advance for the help !

Hi, first of all, you don't need 2 strategies. You need 1 strategy that has 1 method for buying and 1 method for selling. Without checking your settings it sounds like a mess with balance settings. If you set Min Volume to Sell to 100 it will only switch to sell mode once you have more than 100, else it will be in buy mode. Check that Trading Limit is higher than MVTS