Username: Password:

Author Topic: For Gunbot sake!  (Read 6224 times)

Offline johdc30

• Rookie
    • View Profile
For Gunbot sake!
« on: February 18, 2018, 10:36:27 AM »
Getting Gunbot has been an adventure. I'm at the final hurdle and I have 6 strategies running on BTC-X pairs.
There's more than enough BTC in my account, I've set

"TRADING_LIMIT": 0.015,
"FUNDS_RESERVE": 0.015,

For all Pairs, however on all pairs apart from ETH I get this message in the log

BUY CYCLE
We reached max allowed RESERVE for this coin: please wait for some sell orders or change FUNDS_RESERVE

There's only one buy order in Poloniex for a tiny amount, there's plenty of BTC available.

Offline StarterUser

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: For Gunbot sake!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 08:33:18 PM »
I'm also seeing this now when buying conditions are met.

We reached max allowed RESERVE for this coin: please wait for some sell orders or change FUNDS_RESERVE

After updating from Starter v20.4.6 to v21.6.3

I have FUNDS_RESERVE set to 10000 USD (way more than I am trading with).

I can manually buy/sell on the exchange.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 06:24:27 AM by StarterUser »

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 07:35:35 AM »
It sounds like you are telling the bot to reserve and don't use the funds you want to trade with.

Offline StarterUser

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 02:37:21 PM »
I've tried setting FUNDS_RESERVE to -1000 and tried it at the default 0.0001 but always get this:

"We reached max allowed RESERVE for this coin: please wait for some sell orders or change FUNDS_RESERVE"

I have seen this about 5 times over the last few days, missing the buy every time.

BTC is priced at under 56800 and I have $58.46, so I have more than 0.001 BTC - the minimum trade on the exchange.

I am just about ready to give up and go back to manual trading. I'll try to add another $20 to it to see if it ends up fixing it because of how close I am to the trade minimum, but I'm barely able to at the moment.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 07:08:03 AM »

I have FUNDS_RESERVE set to 10000 USD (way more than I am trading with).

If you have FUNDS_RESERVE set to 10000 USD, then you need to have MORE than 10000 USD as you are telling the bot to Reserve and not use 10000 USD

tried it at the default 0.0001 but always get this:

"We reached max allowed RESERVE for this coin: please wait for some sell orders or change FUNDS_RESERVE"

I have seen this about 5 times over the last few days, missing the buy every time.

BTC is priced at under 56800 and I have $58.46, so I have more than 0.001 BTC - the minimum trade on the exchange.

If you have 0.001 and you say 0.001 btc is the minimum you can trade on the exchange. If you set RESERVE_FUNDS to  0.0001  you are telling the bot he can only trade with 0.0009 (less than the minimum).

I would give you 2 advices:

1-If you don't want to reserver funds, just set it to 0.
2- Increase funds if you want to make some serious trading. There isn't much sense in only being able to make 1 buy and get out of funds.