Username: Password:

Author Topic: Emotionless mode doesn't sell? Is this a bug?  (Read 9260 times)

Offline spiftheninja

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin Ninjas
Emotionless mode doesn't sell? Is this a bug?
« on: December 22, 2017, 02:23:55 AM »
I tried the emotionless mode for about 12 hours, it made some decent buys (and some not so decent buys), but it did not sell once.

Everytime it 'tried to sell' it said that there were 'too many emotions'
-spiftheninja | www.BitcoinNinjas.org Authorized Gunbot Dealer Telegram: t.me/BitcoinNinjas

Offline nordashi

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Emotionless mode doesn't sell? Is this a bug?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 11:10:49 AM »
Indeed!
Having same issue.
Buys working perfect while bot isn't selling.
I've had to setup logwatch and inform me by sending push notification to my cellphone and then I have to manually sell it.

I've tried to leave the bot do his magic but I doubt it takes more than half hour.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:57:46 PM by nordashi »

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 12:20:48 PM »
well, there actually is too much emotion on the martket ATM.

Offline nordashi

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 02:05:13 PM »
I'm new to gunbot, could you explain what that means?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 04:10:53 PM »
it means, you chose to trade with a strategy you don't understand. this is mostly a big no-no. the strategy will not sell, as there is, at the moment, too much volatility in the market. some would even say, it is the time to stop the bot (I think not). your picked strategy has some safety parameters built in, upon which you have no control and this, and your lack of understanding, makes you fearing. the safety parameters are there to protect your investment against high volatility ("emotions" in the market). I would strongly suggest to trade only with strats you understand their mechanics or plainly wait out for the ones you trust, even if you do not understand their functionality. but no fear, as there is plenty to read about all the bots functionalities in the wiki!https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/wiki
so, get yourself educated, as you should, the bot is not a cheap affair and you should know how to use what you bought (to avoid being in the crowd at the marketplace in a month or so, trying to sell your bot on the second hand market because "it doesn't work").
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:18:23 PM by sloaleks »

Offline nordashi

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 07:26:30 PM »
Thank you sloaleks!
There is nothing on emotionless on wiki regarding how it actually works, and of course I been reading about it, just wanted to give this strategy a try.
Setup was very low trading amount which wont be a problem if invested funds are lost.
Tbh it worked well on buy part just didn't sell.
As written; I did a custom script to inform me when bot is trying to sell and sold it manually which was quite good just defeats purpose of bot.
Reverted to previous strategy and yesterday got an update email:
"-Emotionless: fixing selling behavior." seems that was really a case here.
Thank you once again, gonna try again with emotionless for same pairs with low amount of funds and see what happens :)

Offline dobcrypto

• Contributor
  • Russian - native language
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 09:40:56 PM »
Thank you once again, gonna try again with emotionless for same pairs with low amount of funds and see what happens :)
Yeah 702 resolve this issue.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 06:59:08 AM »
Yeah. I as a rule never start new strategies until they are well established and have successful users. I also rather don't run strategies I don't quite understand their inner working. I stick with the proven 2 or 3 strats and if I try new ones, I do it with very small trade money.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 07:22:45 AM »
Thank you sloaleks!
There is nothing on emotionless on wiki regarding how it actually works, and of course I been reading about it, just wanted to give this strategy a try.
Setup was very low trading amount which wont be a problem if invested funds are lost.
Tbh it worked well on buy part just didn't sell.
As written; I did a custom script to inform me when bot is trying to sell and sold it manually which was quite good just defeats purpose of bot.

Have changed over to 702? Is this now working?