Username: Password:

Author Topic: Few questions on getting started back up  (Read 2833 times)

Offline eqiz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Few questions on getting started back up
« on: November 14, 2020, 08:37:31 PM »
I'm trying to read through all the wiki stuff, but I'm just not finding the answers I need for these questions so hopefully someone can help...

• How do I setup 'testing' so that I can make sure its working and my 'plan' is working the way I want with Binance.com?
  • When using the TradingView addon is there no way to use webhook? Is there no gunthy type API where I can pass directly buy/sells?
  • How do I test if gunbot is actually able to read the emails when its enabled to listen in TradingView option? I'm receiving the Alert emails from tradingview just fine, but gunbot not doing anything

I appreciate the help for finding the answers to these issues I'm having.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 09:08:19 PM by eqiz »

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
Re: Few questions on getting started back up
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 09:11:39 PM »
I'm trying to read through all the wiki stuff, but I'm just not finding the answers I need for these questions so hopefully someone can help...

• How do I setup 'testing' so that I can make sure its working and my 'plan' is working the way I want with Binance.com?
  • When using the TradingView addon is there no way to use webhook? Is there no gunthy type API where I can pass directly buy/sells?
  • How do I test if gunbot is actually able to read the emails when its enabled to listen in TradingView option? I'm receiving the Alert emails from tradingview just fine, but gunbot not doing anything

I appreciate the help for finding the answers to these issues I'm having.

Hi Equiz,

1- I think you mean "Backtesting". I made a very detailed video explaining about Backtesting but it's in Spanish, I plan to do a new one in English soon. Anyway, it's quite easy to use and very useful and accurate if used properly. What I would do if I were you is to ask your reseller to guide you on the first steps using backtesting. It's quite easy and in some minutes you should be backtesting strategies.

2- Gunbot reads TradingView alerts only by email for now.

3- Can you show an example of emails you got and Gunbot did nothing after getting them please? So we can figure out what the cause could be.