Username: Password:

Author Topic: BB Settings  (Read 12222 times)

Offline dcb942

• Rookie
    • View Profile
BB Settings
« on: June 11, 2017, 07:17:32 PM »
Would lower % BB bands be better for a more volatile market? I find that with 25% I don't really get many trades.

Offline AlfonseX

• Contributor
  • Trop de chefs, pas assez d'indiens !
    • View Profile
Re: BB Settings
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 12:25:58 AM »
Would lower % BB bands be better for a more volatile market? I find that with 25% I don't really get many trades.

So try another setting.
If you think I helped you, give me a drink:
in btc: 12aeQSpytxoehCEptQE8tUJVVSAS42LvXo
in eth: 0x02a611f0c15bccdb6fa8e5e4b0692ff6d77852bd

Offline TMTBanker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 07:16:24 PM »

So try another setting.

That's not what he asked....

The BB% is the % distance from the BB that you'll buy / sell - e.g. you'll buy at 25% above the lower band and sell at 25% below the upper band

Making them lower would make you buy closer and sell further (further away from the average), so I suspect your # of trades would come down even more

Offline dcb942

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 11:18:47 PM »

So try another setting.

That's not what he asked....

The BB% is the % distance from the BB that you'll buy / sell - e.g. you'll buy at 25% above the lower band and sell at 25% below the upper band

Making them lower would make you buy closer and sell further (further away from the average), so I suspect your # of trades would come down even more

Yep I understand now. Thanks.