Username: Password:

Author Topic: Maximum number of pairs?  (Read 7345 times)

Offline Cryptovip

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Maximum number of pairs?
« on: January 26, 2018, 12:42:33 AM »
Hello I'm thinking of purchasing gunbot but am wondering if it can do this strategy. Basically I want to be able to purchase any coin on the exchange when the price drops a certain % in a certain time. Would I have to set this up for every pair? Is there a maximum amount of pairs? Thanks.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum number of pairs?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 05:41:46 AM »
this will most likely lead to capital tiedown and tears in no time ... of course you can set a lot of things on the bot, but you can't set time limits. Pair number is not a bot limitation, it is an hardware/resource matter.

Offline Cryptovip

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 06:05:18 PM »
I don't think it will lead to capital tie downs if I set to sell at a % profit. Let's say the bot buy any coin that drops 10% in one minute then sells for5% gain (I know it can't do a time limit feature, but it should be added). It should be able to catch every flash crash and sell on the rebound, thus preventing capital tie down. If that is the only strategy used, would it really be a performance problem?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 07:13:04 AM »
yeah, the bot is not that quick (depending on strategy). but no, this will lead to very quick capital tie down. it will possibly take weeks to sell at profit. which is fine, if you have a lot of capital to play with, because eventually almost every coin bounces back. but is it painful looking for a month at a bought coin which climbed back, but lingers in the minus 2 to 5% band and can't get higher. and with time these coins can multiply very fast.

Offline vrso2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 01:22:17 AM »
I do not run more than 11 pairs... normally 5-6 and always in CMD... I think it runs faster and I can scroll thru history