Username: Password:

Author Topic: trading_limit value only used for buying ? Gunbot selling my full bag everytime  (Read 7964 times)

Offline Zuglok

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Hello all.

Bought Gunbot a few days ago and still in the tweaking phase. So far so good, overall.
I do have a question though. I've been testing with small amounts, and noticed that Gunbot is always selling my full bag of coin, regardless of the trading-limit setting. It always buys at the limit though. This behavior could be reproduced everytime with multiple currencies on versions 3.3.2 and 5.5.0.5RC with mostly default settings. Stop_limit is set at 60% and shouldn't have been triggered and I am using bb/bb for buying/selling.

Exemple :
I was playing around with 1 ZEC (approx 0.04 BTC). My trading limit was set at 0.001 BTC.
On the first opportunity, Gunbot sold my full bag of 1 ZEC for 0.04, and bought back 0.001 BTC worth of ZEC after that. Same thing happened with KMD, VIA, etc.

So, am I doing something wrong, or is it impossible to hold more than the trading_limit value for a given pair ? I am a bit puzzled here.

Thank you in advance for your help  :)

Additional information :
MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL and MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY are both set at 0.0001
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:03:21 PM by Zuglok »

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
It's normal, you can't keep a part of your pair: it sells everything.
Trading limit is for buying.
It's designed like this.

Offline Zuglok

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Ok, crystal clear answer.
I'll just have to keep my holding bags on my wallets or another Exchange.

Merci dear unicellular being  :D

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
You're welcome dear train engine!

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Ok, crystal clear answer.
I'll just have to keep my holding bags on my wallets or another Exchange.

Merci dear unicellular being  :D
Or maybe open a "bag only" account at the same exchange (if the exchange allows it). Then apply a "bag only" bot on this account. Just have another API registered, it's free for the same exchange your bot is already paid for.