Username: Password:

Author Topic: New to Gunbot, how do I get started?  (Read 7861 times)

Offline dj10

• Rookie
    • View Profile
New to Gunbot, how do I get started?
« on: September 04, 2017, 08:27:59 PM »
Hello guys,

I have been researching Gunbot for a few days now and thought I should probably pull the trigger and buy it. I've read a lot but I still don't know exactly how and where to purchase this thing. If I purchase a license from the market on here, is it cheaper than buying it new? Also, do I have to purchase the bot and a license? Or just the license? What resource can I use to set up the bot?

I would like to set the bot up on LTC/BTC to start, but it seems like everyone is running multiple pairs. Is there a reason why? What would happen if I turned on the bot and didn't touch any settings? Would it lose money? Thank you.

Offline Rubik777

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: New to Gunbot, how do I get started?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 02:01:15 PM »
  I think the default settings are not bad at all. You can start with these settings. The only case you lose money is if the coin you trade dump and you end up with bags of low value coin. You have to wait until it go up again or you sell on loss. You have to keep an eye on market and your pairs, its not start and forget process. More pairs = more profit.

You just buy the license, the bot is free to download I think. After you install it your license got activated from the seller and you are ready to go. The bot works on all OS and you don't need any additional software, only the bot files.

I am not expert with bots, this is info I accumulated last day considering buying gunbot as well.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: New to Gunbot, how do I get started?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 06:19:05 AM »
I would like to set the bot up on LTC/BTC to start, but it seems like everyone is running multiple pairs. Is there a reason why? What would happen if I turned on the bot and didn't touch any settings? Would it lose money? Thank you.

More chance of successful trades. Currencies have swings (i.e. opportunities for profit) during different hours in the day. You run the bot 24/7. If you run more pairs, for example, you can already make profitable trades ETH-BTC, while the bot is waiting for an oppotunity on LTC-BTC, and so on.

I ran mine on just a small tweak from the provided settings. Even running it straight like downloaded will not make you loose money. The settings can be tweaked to make fewer trades with more profit, or a lot of trades with a small profit; in some extend you can add a little more risk, or less. But the profitability (from what I used it) mostly depends on the chosen pair. In the beginners section the are pinned articles on how to run the bot, choose pairs etc.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 06:26:03 AM by sloaleks »