Username: Password:

Author Topic: V10: Kraken connexion problem prevents respawning  (Read 5426 times)

Offline bitrax

• Rookie
    • View Profile
V10: Kraken connexion problem prevents respawning
« on: September 24, 2018, 06:28:54 PM »
When GBV10 has run flawlessly for a while, well the CCLEAN time actually, it gets stuck when restarting.

The error message I get is :

Code: [Select]
Loading exchange - bitfinex
Loading exchange - kraken
Loading exchange - bittrex
Error: "Fetching my trades again."
    at errorHandler (/snapshot/Gunbot-master/ctx-wrapper.js:0:0)
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)
Unable to connect to kraken
Please if this error persists, stop Gunbot, wait a few minutes and then start it again...

Doing what is asked, waiting a few minutes, works most of the time, assuming the delay is at least 6 minutes. 5 or 4 give rather unpredictable results. 3 and less never works.

As a workaround, I set the CCLEAN delay to 6 hours (was tempted to try and set 0, but did not dare) and made a script that runs every 2 hours, kills the process, sleeps 6 minutes and restarts gunbot. Does the job.

But, it might be nice to find a way so that the GUI would still run even though some connexion or other trouble occurs, at least to be able to kill the process. I forgot to mention the process when stuck eats 99% of the CPU.

That being said, I love the new GUI, even though I do regret it has to be run all the time, it was way more secure to run it only when needed independently from the main program imo (I use a VPS). The speed gain is amazing and I'm really looking forward to try and fiddle with the new strategies.

Big kudos for this great work, all the best,
B.

Offline bitrax

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: V10: Kraken connexion problem prevents respawning
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 12:48:48 AM »
It seems I have found a solution :

I tried playing with the delay parameter for the kraken exchange, setting it up to 20 but to no avail.

Until I changed the order of the pairs in the config.js file, putting the kraken ones before any other and voila, Gunbot seems happy now... Weird though...

As a side note, I discovered that my 13" laptop screen does not display all of the gui. This is 2018, why the gui is not responsive, especially noticing that it's angular powered, is beyond me. If at least it was available on github, it wouldn't be so hard to fix all together. Sigh.