Username: Password:

Author Topic: Minimal amount BTC & "NaN"  (Read 11871 times)

Offline Cisco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Minimal amount BTC & "NaN"
« on: December 04, 2017, 10:24:22 AM »
I’m a little bit of a newbie with a question:
Is there minimal amount of BTC required to get the Gunbot start trading?
I bought 0.006 BTC for testing-purposes to see how its running, well, I’m running it for 48 hours now and the Gunbot did not made a single trade yet..

Another question:
When the bot is running, some trading-pairs shows the term “NaN”, what does this mean?

:D

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Minimal amount BTC & "NaN"
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:27:54 AM »
I bought 0.006 BTC for testing-purposes to see how its running, well, I’m running it for 48 hours now and the Gunbot did not made a single trade yet..

Another question:
When the bot is running, some trading-pairs shows the term “NaN”, what does this mean?

Depending on your exchange, this might (or not, we don't know on what exchange you trade) be too small for some pairs. The bot doesn't care, but the exchange does. What version of gunbot are you using?

Offline Cisco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 10:59:17 AM »

Another question:

Depending on your exchange, this might (or not, we don't know on what exchange you trade) be too small for some pairs. The bot doesn't care, but the exchange does. What version of gunbot are you using?
I,m using the latest version 6.0.2 on Poloniex

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 04:27:14 PM »
Okeyz, you have set your trade limit within polo minimum order sizes, so that should be good:
Poloniex Minimum Trade Sizes

Bitcoin (BTC pairs): 0.0001 BTC
Ethereum (ETH pairs): 0.0001 ETH
Monero (XMR pairs): 0.0001 XMR
Tether (USDT pairs): 0.0001 USDT

Now, what strategy on what pair? Copy your strategy here and let's see.

Offline Cisco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 05:06:50 PM »
Okeyz, you have set your trade limit within polo minimum order sizes, so that should be good:
Poloniex Minimum Trade Sizes

Bitcoin (BTC pairs): 0.0001 BTC
Ethereum (ETH pairs): 0.0001 ETH
Monero (XMR pairs): 0.0001 XMR
Tether (USDT pairs): 0.0001 USDT

Now, what strategy on what pair? Copy your strategy here and let's see.
I use bbstepgain as a strategy on all pairs, thanks for the support so far, I appreciate it..
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:52:44 PM by Cisco »

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 08:06:29 AM »
Your polo graph doen't match your settings. You are looking at 15 min candles, but you have set 5 minut periods. Also, EMAs are little low, generally they are set 4/2 hours. You have 80/40 minutes. If you are after trades, and having BB your buying strat, setting it to 25 will take a while to get monero, or doge (doge is a completely other can of worms, check its graph) or bitcoincash bought. so, there's your reasons for no trades. You are looking at a different picture than the bot, and you are set very conservatively in bearish market ... You need to find a slightly climbing pair, set the candles to the same you have on your strat, and see if it at all reaches your low BB. If not, set accordingly. With pairs like these and the settings you have, you can't expect the bot to buy. It does not perform miracles ...

Offline Cisco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 10:44:50 AM »
Your polo graph doen't match your settings. You are looking at 15 min candles, but you have set 5 minut periods. Also, EMAs are little low, generally they are set 4/2 hours. You have 80/40 minutes. If you are after trades, and having BB your buying strat, setting it to 25 will take a while to get monero, or doge (doge is a completely other can of worms, check its graph) or bitcoincash bought. so, there's your reasons for no trades. You are looking at a different picture than the bot, and you are set very conservatively in bearish market ... You need to find a slightly climbing pair, set the candles to the same you have on your strat, and see if it at all reaches your low BB. If not, set accordingly. With pairs like these and the settings you have, you can't expect the bot to buy. It does not perform miracles ...
Thanks sloaleks, I appreciate your respons, this will help me to change parameters and see how this works for me, I'll keep you informed.....  :D

Offline Cisco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 03:58:05 PM »
So, I changed the parameters on Polo and the Bot, using the bb strat. on BTC_SC and these are the results so far,
is it right to set the EMA to 48 (for 4 hours) and 24 (for 2 hours)?

As you see in the Gunbot-Log the term “NaN” showed up again, does this affect the trading results and how can I avoid this?  :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:34:38 PM by Cisco »

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 08:01:14 AM »
No, wrong EMAs again. Ema is set with factoring your period. You se your period to 15 mins, so 4 hours would be 16, and 2 hours would be 8. (How many periods per hour? Now you have 4.). About the NaN on exit, the bot has not bought yet so I don't think it can determine when to sell on stepgain. The Tips&Tricks indicate it is waiting to buy first. Then depending on trends it will determine your exit point.

Offline Cisco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 06:54:00 PM »
I changed the EMA settings on polo and gunbot, 4 hours equals 240 min : 15 = 16 right?

As you can see in the Gunbot Log, there are trading opportunities but it has not made a trade yet and shows a CALLBACKS entree, should I just wait it out, or do you have any more suggestions or corrections how to eventual optimize the Bot and how to avoid the CALLBACKS issue.
Thanks...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:22:42 PM by Cisco »

Offline vicdr

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 05:50:56 AM »
Another question:

NaN is an acronym and means: Not a Number...

NaN is referring to an incalculable equation..

In context, it means gb can't calculate the exit price until it has made the buy, at which point it then has an entry price from which to calculate the strategy exit price.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 05:59:16 AM by vicdr »

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 08:28:43 AM »
OK, thanks vicdr, it seems logical.

Cisco, how do you expect a trade on a downtrend pair? For the bot to buy there needs to be a trend reversal ...

Offline Cisco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »
Another question:

NaN is an acronym and means: Not a Number...

NaN is referring to an incalculable equation..

In context, it means gb can't calculate the exit price until it has made the buy, at which point it then has an entry price from which to calculate the strategy exit price.
Thats right, when I look in polo under Trade History/My Trades and there's no history, the term "NaN" shows up, if I then buy a small amount of the currency the term "NaN" is gone and the exit price shows normal values, so this must be somehow connected, still learning, still learning...  :D
This is how Gunthar refers to this issue:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:21:45 PM by Cisco »

Offline Cisco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 12:50:26 PM »
OK, thanks vicdr, it seems logical.

Cisco, how do you expect a trade on a downtrend pair? For the bot to buy there needs to be a trend reversal ...
You're absolutely right sloaleks, I now traded on an uptrend pair and I got my first buy/sell, I'm very excited to see it actually work...
Thanks for the support, this was very helpfull...  ;)
One question though: Do I have to buy BTM balance myself to get Gunbot start trading? I may assume the bot does this automatically by itself is it?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:55:30 PM by Cisco »

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 07:10:58 PM »
No, you only need to buy your base currency, or have it sent from your wallet. So, in trading against BTC, feed the bot just bitcoin ...

Offline Cisco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 07:21:42 PM »
No, you only need to buy your base currency, or have it sent from your wallet. So, in trading against BTC, feed the bot just bitcoin ...
So, I only need a balance in BTC on polo and Gunbot takes care of the rest, right?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 07:52:11 PM »
Well, yes if you trade only against bitcoin. If, for instance, you plan to trade against USDT, you need a USDT balance, and so on. I trade a lot in pairs against EUR and BTC (not simultaneous pairs, some altcoins against the EURo and some other altcoins against BTC), so I keep a balance both in BTC and in EUR on my account.

Offline Cisco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 08:00:23 PM »
Well, yes if you trade only against bitcoin. If, for instance, you plan to trade against USDT, you need a USDT balance, and so on. I trade a lot in pairs against EUR and BTC (not simultaneous pairs, some altcoins against the EURo and some other altcoins against BTC), so I keep a balance both in BTC and in EUR on my account.
I understand, thanks for the support sloaleks, you've been a big help..  :)

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 07:41:46 AM »
no problem whatsoever, you're very welcome!