Username: Password:

Author Topic: BB and BBstepgain settings problems  (Read 11518 times)

Offline nessum

• Rookie
    • View Profile
BB and BBstepgain settings problems
« on: November 14, 2017, 11:49:12 PM »
Bought the bot a few days ago and I am having some problems, up until now the bot was running and did not make any trades, and it's running on a raspberry pi non-stop, and I think that there are some problems with my configuration. Can someone guide me please, I am using bb strat and bbstepgain, here are my settings and I am  pretty sure that something in there is not right. I don't know much about the smaperiod, and the bollinger bands levels.

"NAME": "bb",
            "TRADING_LIMIT": 0.003,
            "PERIOD": 5,
            "BUY_LEVEL": 1,
            "GAIN": 2,
            "EMA1": 24,
            "EMA2": 12,
            "HIGH_BB": 40,
            "LOW_BB": 20,
            "STDV": 2,
            "SMAPERIOD": 240,
            "PANIC_SELL": false,
            "DOUBLE_UP": false,
            "DOUBLE_UP_CAP": 1,
            "STOP_LIMIT": 60,
            "BUY_ENABLED": true,
            "MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY": 0.003,
            "MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL": 0.003,
            "TRADES_TIMEOUT": 600
        },

"bbstepgain": {
            "NAME": "bbstepgain",
            "TRADING_LIMIT": 0.003,
            "PERIOD": 15,
            "BUY_LEVEL": 2,
            "GAIN": 0.6,
            "EMA1": 8,
            "EMA2": 4,
            "HIGH_BB": 30,
            "LOW_BB": 20,
            "SMAPERIOD": 20,
            "SELLLVL1": 2,
            "SELLLVL2": 3,
            "SELLLVL3": 70,
            "SELLLVL": 2,
            "MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY": 0.002,
            "MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL": 0.002,
            "TRADES_TIMEOUT": 600
        },

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:40:15 AM by nessum »

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: BB and BBstepgain settings problems
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:21:34 AM »
This has worked for me so far

"bbstepgain": {
            "NAME": "bbstepgain",
            "TRADING_LIMIT": whatever coins,
            "PERIOD": 15,
            "BUY_LEVEL": 0.1,
            "GAIN": 0.85,
            "EMA1": 16,
            "EMA2": 8,
            "HIGH_BB": 40,
            "LOW_BB": 40,
            "SMAPERIOD": 150,
            "SELLLVL1": 1.1,
            "SELLLVL2": 2,
            "SELLLVL3": 70,
            "SELLLVL": 1,
            "MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY": 0.0001,
            "MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL": 0.0001,
            "TRADES_TIMEOUT": 0 WARNING SAFETY IS OFF, SET THIS SO AT OWN PERRIL

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 04:00:01 PM »
and this I just noticed:
  "MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY": 0.002,
            "MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL": 0.002,

why are these set the same as your trade limit? do you know actually what purpose they serve?

if you don't know what a parameter is used for, leave it stock.

read up here https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/wiki

Offline nessum

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 04:23:29 AM »
Thank you, solved the problem, yes - that was one of the issues, still learning but getting to better trades, using bbstepgain and tssl.

All the best!

Offline johnsonboro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 09:25:51 AM »
I'm also a beginner to Gunbot and started using it on a BTC-NEO pair with a BBStepgain strategy. Overnight, there was a jump in NEO price and the bot didn't sell. When I've looked this morning, I noticed that one of my GNT orders had sold meaning there was more BTC than my minimum value (like above) available. Can I assume that this is why the bot didn't sell my Neo overnight and now that I've set a buy order for the GNT and the BTC available is back to zero that my NEO should now sell?

I realise I'm piggy backing on another post here but they seemed related so hope that's OK!

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 09:32:20 PM »
no, it doesn't work that way. the bot will sell what it bought of NEO, regardless of your BTC margin, provided the market has met the set parameters in the strategy. here and there it will miss an opportunity, for various timing or connectivity reasons, and different line interpretations in relation to what you see. it is a tool, it does what it is told and nothing more, sometimes it even misses. but don't worry, it tends to even out with a little help of tuning your strats.

Offline johnsonboro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 10:55:08 AM »
OK thanks. To be honest, the last NEO I bought was maybe half of the NEO that was already in there. I had some NEO already then bought some just before I started GB so I had more to play with. Does it need to buy the NEO first itself rather than a manual trade first? Particularly if the last NEO bought was much less than the total NEO  want to trade with? I'm tweaking the levels of the stepgain so it sells at level 1. At least that way it should start making some trades.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 10:12:23 AM »
it is possible that with the first batch of NEO you bought, the bot doesn't know the bought price, so it may sell only what the bot itself bought. I personally had a case of a prebought coin on my account before starting the bot, and the bot cleared that before it started trading again. I just had to provide the bougth price (the bot asks for this, if it can't access your data) manually using override. once the coin was cleared it started trading using the full trade limit I set. I wouldn't worry too much, in the end you can still clear it manually.

Offline johnsonboro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 09:30:53 AM »
Thanks, maybe I should clarify though that the second batch of NEO was also manually bought and the bot hasn't bought or sold anything yet.

I know this might seem a daft question but does the bot need to buy first rather that sell? At the moment NEO is tight but I could feasibly sell manually when it goes up a bit to get things moving.

I am being patient rather than jump in and start changing a lot of stuff I shouldn't do but if there is something that's wrong I'd like to sort it out sooner rather than later!

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 10:22:00 AM »
I know this might seem a daft question but does the bot need to buy first rather that sell?

No. What it does need though, is the bought price. If it can't access it on your account, the bot will ask you to provide it using override. But don't put an override in just in case, wait for the bot to ask for it.

Offline johnsonboro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 08:26:28 AM »
Thank you. Sorry, how would I know if it asks me for the bought price? Does an actual message box pop up?

I've just tried a different strategy and it looks different so I'm fairly sure that it wasn't working properly on BBStepgain. It now seems to be working as I think it should look other than it says 'price to buy undefined'. Is this normal? Particularly when I already have the NEO and want it to sell rather than buy? I've attached a screenshot if this helps!

Thanks in advance!

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 09:55:00 AM »
Thank you. Sorry, how would I know if it asks me for the bought price? Does an actual message box pop up?

Yes it should. Something like: "Missing BOUGHT_PRICE. Please use override."
I've just tried a different strategy and it looks different so I'm fairly sure that it wasn't working properly on BBStepgain. It now seems to be working as I think it should look other than it says 'price to buy undefined'. Is this normal? Particularly when I already have the NEO and want it to sell rather than buy? I've attached a screenshot if this helps!
No it's not normal. I would say this maybe is an indication of the bot recognizing it was a manual buy, as the entry point was not calculated by the bot according to your strat.

Offline johnsonboro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 11:39:00 AM »
Thanks, it's starting to make more sense now. Can you do a manual override on the 'price to buy' (although it should really be price to sell!) to try and get it kickstarted and then remove it once the bot starts making it's own calculations... or anything else that might make it start working itself? I'm below my last buy price at the moment so there's no rush but would like to have it set up so it sells at the right price.

Sorry, I realise this is probably tedious but I appreciate the help!

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 07:47:02 AM »
Yes you can override the bought price. The bot will start a sell cycle when the price reaches the gains you set in your strategy.

Offline r21

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 10:23:15 AM »
Hello guys, i'm new  here. I think a need a help. I have a gunbot since 1-2 weeks, but he doin't that why i buy him.  no matter what coin I set up, the only thing he does is someday sell and never buy again. This is not normaly, or?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 08:33:33 AM »
well ... have you had a look at the charts? I get maybe 1 trade or 2 per day, with careful selection of pairs ...