Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bittrex, API, Bot Delay & Interval update  (Read 7696 times)

Offline yoshilee

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Bittrex, API, Bot Delay & Interval update
« on: November 18, 2017, 03:10:20 PM »
So i have some problems for the technical understanding on the following:

It is about bot delay and interval update and how they correlate; in order to use bittrex api right. First of all, i did not found information on how many request/second is alright for bittrex before getting into rate limitation.

So, letīs talk for example about 10 pairs into GB:

- When working on the bot delay value i can see the immediate time change in the log, as GB cycles the pairs through from 1-10. So on here i can somehow control the time table requests going out.
What exactly means "new pair", as stated in the wiki, in that context?

- The second is interval update (default being 25000 = meaning 25 sec.). As stated in wiki it gets prices for all pairs. Does that mean additional 10 request on the api every 25 seconds (default)?

So how does these settings all sum up correct? As by now i am more after the right understanding before going for the trading :)

Thanks

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Bittrex, API, Bot Delay & Interval update
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 03:46:22 PM »
in short, bot delay and interval ticker update do not relate in a sense that they need to be, or are synchronized. tickers get stored, how much of them is set in a separate parameter. bot delay is a random time event, ticker update not so. don't worry too much bout them. I have 10 pairs running, so I left interval ticker update on default and slowed the bot down a bit by setting bot delay to 5, as there is no need to keep it fast on only 10 pairs.