Username: Password:

Author Topic: Changing API Keys on Poloniex  (Read 6021 times)

Offline dmadls

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Changing API Keys on Poloniex
« on: March 15, 2019, 05:03:41 AM »
I upgraded to 12.8.3 and starting getting the nonce greater than error running on poloniex.  I read suggestions saying to get new api keys.  I did.  now I get invalid api key/secret pair.  I got confused and put my new key into the update master section of the gui as well and started getting invalid license.  I put my old license/secret back into master and no longer got invalid license but continue to get invalid key/secret pair.  I changed my keys on poloniex twice just to make sure I was doing things correctly.  I tried making my key and master the same.  I tried making my key the new key and keeping the master as my original master that was there before.  previously when it was working I had my key and master as the same thing.  no success.  please help with whatever I am doing wrong.  I have been successfully running this for about 2 years and now I messed myself up somehow.  I still have all my original key information.  Thank you for any help.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
Re: Changing API Keys on Poloniex
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 08:32:29 AM »
Hi Dmadls, I guess your license is Standard, right? Try following these steps:

1- Contact your reseller and ask him to give you v12.8.8 (it's not uploaded to the website yet but it's the latest stable version).

2- Tell your reseller to remove your old Poloniex Api and give him a new fresh Poloniex Api so he can activate the new one and link it to your Gunthy wallet.

3- Do a fresh install [v12.8.8] and after adding your Gunthy wallet and your new activated Poloniex api, you should see a message telling what kind of Gunbot license do you have. In this case, Standard.

Good luck  :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 08:38:40 AM by Aitor »

Offline dmadls

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 12:00:54 PM »
Thank you.  My reseller is the gunbot shop.  Since I have 12.8.3 could I achieve the same by creating a gunthy wallet myself and self activating a new key since I still have the old key information?  taking advantage of the new self activating functionality....

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 05:20:17 PM »
Hi, once your license is linked to your Gunthy wallet, you can change your apis yourself. Anyway, if you purchased from https://gunbot.shop contact me directly via Telegram: @AitorRuiz and we will insta fix it  ;)

Offline olliecrypto

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • TheCryptoBot Automated Cryptocurrency Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 01:40:39 PM »
Just curious, have you tried running an older version of gunbot to see if that sorts your issue?
i get that issue with binance on occasion and usually i just download a fresh copy and that seems to sort the issue.
My favorite Trading Tool :
Gunbot - the Automated Cryptocurrency Trading Bot
https://thecryptobot.com