Username: Password:

Author Topic: GunBot trading questions  (Read 8569 times)

Offline SomaStrobeBot

• Rookie
    • View Profile
GunBot trading questions
« on: February 12, 2018, 05:09:47 AM »
Hello,

I just recently started to work with the Gunthy-GunBot and I really like the software so far. I just have a few beginner questions:

1. Does GunBot make just micro trades (eg a few dollars profit per day) or is there a possibility to set the bot up that as more gain the bot makes, as higher the volume is the that the GunBot trades?

Kinda like:
500$ BTC portfolio (approx. 7.5$ gain per day with a 1.5% growth rate)
2500$ BTC portfolio (approx. 37.50$ gain per day with a 1.5% growth rate)
10000$ BTC portfolio (approx. 150$ gain per day with a 1.5% growth rate)
and so on

So far, it doesn't really matter how much I have in my BTC portfolio, the bot generates a few dollars every day, since it trades in such small volumes.

Also, are there any trading strategy scripts (even if they have to be purchased) which are recommended?

Thanks for your time and for your help.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: GunBot trading questions
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 09:25:02 AM »
the bot makes whatever you set it. although. your expectations are, how to say, a bit rosy for these markets (1.5% a day, heheh, no really ...). Water them down 5-10 times, that will be about right ... If you want to have a higher share of your BTC in trading, increase the trading volume, but first of all, read the wiki.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:06:45 AM by sloaleks »

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »
Does GunBot make just micro trades (eg a few dollars profit per day) or is there a possibility to set the bot up that as more gain the bot makes, as higher the volume is the that the GunBot trades?

Kinda like:
500$ BTC portfolio (approx. 7.5$ gain per day with a 1.5% growth rate)
2500$ BTC portfolio (approx. 37.50$ gain per day with a 1.5% growth rate)
10000$ BTC portfolio (approx. 150$ gain per day with a 1.5% growth rate)
and so on

Hi, the growth rate depends on the trading strategy you choose and the pairs you trade with (same as happens when trading manually). Apart from that, it's easier to get trading opportunities for lower volumes. For example, suppose the bot wants to buy cheap LTC and the cheapest price is 0.0124 btc... but can only buy 0,10 btc worth BTC of it. Obv if your trading_limit is 0.30 btc, you won't be able to get 0.30 btc at that price, you can choose either to get it more expensive or just buy 0.10 btc worth LTC.

What I mean is, the growth rate could decrease if your trading amount is very high. I'm not talking about 0.10 or 0.50 btc, but if your trading amount is 5 btc, it's normal to see a slightly worst ratio than when trading 0.40 btc. In this case, your best bet is to split your trading activities between several exchanges.

Offline MartyMcKinney

• Rookie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 07:44:45 PM »
Does GunBot make just micro trades (eg a few dollars profit per day) or is there a possibility to set the bot up that as more gain the bot makes, as higher the volume is the that the GunBot trades?

What I mean is, the growth rate could decrease  if your trading amount is very high. I'm not talking about 0.10 or 0.50 btc, but if your trading amount is 5 btc, it's normal to see a slightly worst ratio than when trading 0.40 btc. In this case, your best bet is to split your trading activities between several exchanges.

I want t know more about it. If it worth choosing, it can be added in it as the 6th one. Because this list is really good for everybody working at stock.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 11:46:50 PM by MartyMcKinney »