Username: Password:

Author Topic: Core vs GUI  (Read 7327 times)

Offline Ziltch

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Core vs GUI
« on: February 16, 2018, 04:45:58 PM »
I'm wondering, what are the pros and cons of running just the core program over running Gunbot through the GUI.
I'm currently running v8.0.3 on a dedicated Win10 machine. I'm assuming its possible to manually edit the config files and run Gunbot from a terminal but I'm currently just using the GUI. At what point or under what circumstances would I better off working from the terminal?

altGear

Re: Core vs GUI
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 09:46:03 PM »
Utilizing core would require a tech background and comprehensive understanding of Gunbot functionality! The only instances in which operating core over GUI may be beneficial is perhaps when trying to reduce CPU usage such as on a Linux install or Raspberry Pi for advanced users only :)

More help
Gunbot Support [Discord]
Gunbot Support [Telegram]
Gunbot Support [Reddit]

Offline 1996WOC

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 05:20:09 AM »
you are going to have to run it from the command line.   The Gui is not reliable from any browser i have tried.  the only downside is there are no logfiles when running from command line.

altGear

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 10:30:29 AM »
you are going to have to run it from the command line.   The Gui is not reliable from any browser i have tried.  the only downside is there are no logfiles when running from command line.

Not true. Gunthy GUI works fine on Mac OSX running safari, and other users are using it on other browsers just fine.