Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bot (Lite) ceased trading? Maybe?  (Read 6053 times)

Offline Beancounter

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Bot (Lite) ceased trading? Maybe?
« on: January 22, 2018, 09:32:52 PM »
Hi all, so this weekend I made a Raspberry Pi running Gunbot Lite on Binance.

Sunday evening, I started it up with about 5 pairs (on Emotionless, obviously).  All fine - a few trades, small profit, all good.

The next day (today), it stopped trading at about 3pm.  Just before, I had read about the fees being 50% cheaper if you buy some Binance coins for them to charge the fees to.  So I did that, and ever since it hasn't made a single trade.

The log looks ok, no error messages, I can't find anything similar when I do a search.  Could this be related to a known issue?  I have added 3 more pairs taht had a healthier short term trend to see if it was due to a crappy market, but no dice.

Any ideas how I can check if it is actually functional (even though there are no indications otherwise).

Thanks for any help.  Al.

P.S. - I had to register twice because the correct answer to 'I am human' is 'I think so' not 'Yes'.  Grrr!    ;)

Offline Beancounter

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Bot (Lite) ceased trading? Maybe?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 11:52:04 PM »
Ok, I'm now convinced it is just churning over and not identifying buy / sell opportunities.

I have looked at the trends and there is no way it should be not trading.  I have restarted / rebooted etc, there is plenty of credit on the exchange.

Are there any links for assistance with debugging / figuring out why it isn't functioning?

One question - if in the log view (in the kind of table for each pair), on the Core Checks line, under 'Can we sell' or 'Can we buy' - if there is a yes in one of these boxes, should I expect to see a sell or buy order on the exchange related to each of these identified opportunities?

Oh, one other question - can it be the case that if there is some residual (tiny) stock held in a currency after a sale order, would the Bot ignore it and see the currency as buyable, or would it just keep trying to sell off that shrapnel, even if it is too small to sell?

Thanks, Al.

Offline Beancounter

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:25:10 AM »
An example:

Last trade P/L for BTC-LTC was: 0.000 %
2018/01/23 00:20:35: Entering sell cycle
┌───────────────────┬────────────┬─────────────┬─────────────┬─────────┬─────────┬──────────┬─────────┐
│ ɢƱÑƁѺŦ XT Edition │ SMA        │ LowBB       │ HighBB      │ Last    │ LTC     │ Last Buy │ Pair    │
├───────────────────┼────────────┼─────────────┼─────────────┼─────────┼─────────┼──────────┼─────────┤
│ Sell cycle        │ 0.01652382 │ 0.016422408 │ 0.016625232 │ 0.01661 │ 0.00878 │ 0.01634  │ BTC-LTC │
└───────────────────┴────────────┴─────────────┴─────────────┴─────────┴─────────┴──────────┴─────────┘
************************************************************************************************
Waiting to sell...Safety Switch is on...

...and then it just moves on to the next one without placing an order - is that expected behaviour?

Thanks, Al.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 10:00:34 AM »
Yeah but the safety is on, it can't trade with the safety on. It can be your exchange temporarily interrupting API calls, and the safety gets reset after every interrupt. I set mine to 0 to never get safety switch anymore, if you want you can do so (at own risk).