Username: Password:

Author Topic: Selling problem with bbstepgain  (Read 7296 times)

fswift

Selling problem with bbstepgain
« on: January 18, 2018, 09:41:15 PM »
Hello, new user here.

I'm playing around little bit trying to learn how bot works, and right now I'm having an issue where bot is not selling even though it should (according to my calculations - I could be wrong ofc).
The console even says it is selling (like in attachment photo), and after that safety switch is activated even though no trades have been made. I'm using bbstepgain strategy with following settings:

NAME   :   bbstepgain
TRADING_LIMIT   :   0.001
FUNDS_RESERVE   :   0.001
PERIOD   :   15
BUY_LEVEL   :   0.1
GAIN   :   0.6
EMA1   :   16
EMA2   :   8
HIGH_BB   :   40
LOW_BB   :   40
STDV   :   2
SMAPERIOD   :   50
SELLLVL1   :   0.6
SELLLVL2   :   2
SELLLVL3   :   70
SELLLVL   :   2
PANIC_SELL   :   false
DOUBLE_UP   :   false
DOUBLE_UP_CAP   :   1
DU_CAP_COUNT   :   3
DU_METHOD   :   HIGHBB
DU_BUYDOWN   :   2
RSI_BUY_ENABLED   :   false
RSI_SELL_ENABLED   :   false
RSI_BUY_LEVEL   :   30
RSI_SELL_LEVEL   :   70
STOP_LIMIT   :   60
BUY_ENABLED   :   true
SELL_ENABLED   :   true
OKKIES_MODE   :   true
BTC_MONEY_FLOW   :   35
TA_ALWAYS_ON   :   false
MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY   :   0.001
MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL   :   0.001
TRADES_TIMEOUT   :   60

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Selling problem with bbstepgain
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 09:08:04 AM »
how do you know the bot has not tried to sell? was there no order? or was there and it didn't clear?

Offline cryptoshot

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 09:40:16 AM »
I have the same problem just update to Version 1.1.0. After that everything will be fine.

fswift

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 09:53:08 AM »
how do you know the bot has not tried to sell? was there no order? or was there and it didn't clear?

There was no sell orders yea. I even removed TRADES_TIMEOUT ( set it to 0), so bot tried to sell every cycle, but no sell order was placed. It was doing that untill it reached price where it was no longer profitable to sell, so I sold it manually to avoid losses since it was on downtrend.

fswift

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 09:55:34 AM »
I have the same problem just update to Version 1.1.0. After that everything will be fine.

Sorry I’m not sure I understand what should I update. I thought version 7.0.2 was most recent stable version. Or did you mean something else?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 03:32:39 PM »
Well if there was no sell order, it must be either API/exchange related or a bug. Is it possible that you have had excessive API calls? Can you check how much are you allowed?

fswift

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 11:01:41 PM »
Well if there was no sell order, it must be either API/exchange related or a bug. Is it possible that you have had excessive API calls? Can you check how much are you allowed?

I doubt because it buys coins with no problem. Could be something related to exchange but I'm not sure what.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 06:34:52 AM »
just for laughs, try changing bot delay to, say, 10ish or even higher; and see what happens. tis will slow the bot down, and if this corrects the error, it was an API call issue. if not, maybe a bug?

fswift

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 12:42:31 PM »
I tried using same strategy on bittrex and it bought low and sold high  :), so maybe it's problem with cryptopia exchange. Anyway thanks for suggestions, I guess I will use bittrex for now.