Username: Password:

Author Topic: What controls the Xtrend watcher on gunbot for stepgain?  (Read 12069 times)

Offline tammons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
What controls the Xtrend watcher on gunbot for stepgain?
« on: December 15, 2017, 02:46:08 PM »
For me, stepgain usually sells too early on a minor dip.

Exactly what controls Xtrend, and how can I set it to avoid selling on minor dips?

Do EMA1 and EMA2 control it? Or it it a combination of indicators?

Will raising EMA1 and EMA2 allow GB to miss the minor sell dips?

Thanks

Offline MAV

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: What controls the Xtrend watcher on gunbot for stepgain?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 11:42:32 PM »
I would also like to know the logic behind Xtrend.

It seems to trigger sell orders on its own which have resulted in lower potential profits, ignoring my strategy sell criteria.
As a related question about sell levels for example, if I set a first sell level to 5% and the second to 50%, once the price crosses the 5% gain threshold shouldn't the bot place "one cancels other" orders, one to sell at a minimum 5% gain and the other to sell at 50% gain? Also what is exactly occurring to fulfill the "prices stop rising" criteria of SELLLVL?

Also on the buy side, Xtrend has prevented me from entering trades that would otherwise meet the strategy criteria.

Offline tammons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 12:43:36 AM »
With the latest version it is acting better, although still sells too low on occasion.

Offline KingOfKool

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 03:41:51 AM »
Mine is just the opposite it doesn't buy because the trend is down and won't sell because the trend is up. How is the XTrend calculated? are there any settings to make it change?

Offline Romain

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 10:48:57 AM »
Same here. did you figure it out?

Offline stonerider

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 03:35:28 PM »
Removed due to miscommunication.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 04:23:58 PM by stonerider »

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 06:56:17 AM »
For me, stepgain usually sells too early on a minor dip.

Exactly what controls Xtrend, and how can I set it to avoid selling on minor dips?

Do EMA1 and EMA2 control it? Or it it a combination of indicators?

Will raising EMA1 and EMA2 allow GB to miss the minor sell dips?

Thanks

Stepgain has always been one of my favorite strategies. To make it simple: You can sets 2 points, for example 1,5 and 10. That means that the bot will never sell unless the profit % is, at least, 1,5%. Once it reachs to 1,5% profit, it will check if the trend is going up, and in that case it will let the price raise as high as possible. If the price raises by 10%, it will sell. In the case the price is above between 1,5% and 10% and the trend starts going down, it sells. The point of all this is to try to sell at the higher price possible.

Regarding bot's reactivity. If you want to increase it when running stepgain:

1- Lower period.
2- Lower SMAperiod

If you feel it reachs too fast, just use a higher period, raise SMAPeriod, and raise delay.

On the other hand, since v11, there is a parameter called XTREND_ENABLED. If you enable it, Stepgain will work as it "always" worked since Gunbot v3. If you disable it, Stepgain will use the "old" logic, I mean, the logic the bot used on v2.04. I was curious about trying this because a lot of people kept using v2.0.4 for looong time because they said it was much better and profitable than the "new" loginc, and when I started using Gunbot, the latest version was v3, so I had never tried it. Now I did and I have to say I really like it and I think it's definitely worth to give it a try.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 07:15:06 AM »
I'd like to know as well. But I fear nobody is coming to answer this and other crucial questions. Gunthy doesn't care, other resellers are too busy cateri g to their customers, people who have insight to this and other important questions will never bother to write an answer because it might impact their profits. If you are a regular user, you are screwed since the only way is to "trial and error."

As you see, I have responded, I always try to help people in the forum. Obviously, as you said, for a reseller, the priority is to give support to our customers, the persons who purchased the bot license on our website. I don't know why you say the only way to learn is "trial and error". I don't know what kind of support gives your reseller. What I can tell you is that in my case, Gunbot.shop, we have a Telegram support group, we give personalized support, even support with Teamview, and we usually spend a lot of hours giving support. What I mean is, the forum is an extra help, but mainly the support should be given by your reseller, and he shouldn't leave you to learn with "trial and error".

Offline stonerider

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 02:09:18 AM »
I'd like to know as well. But I fear nobody is coming to answer this and other crucial questions. Gunthy doesn't care, other resellers are too busy cateri g to their customers, people who have insight to this and other important questions will never bother to write an answer because it might impact their profits. If you are a regular user, you are screwed since the only way is to "trial and error."

As you see, I have responded, I always try to help people in the forum. Obviously, as you said, for a reseller, the priority is to give support to our customers, the persons who purchased the bot license on our website. I don't know why you say the only way to learn is "trial and error". I don't know what kind of support gives your reseller. What I can tell you is that in my case, Gunbot.shop, we have a Telegram support group, we give personalized support, even support with Teamview, and we usually spend a lot of hours giving support. What I mean is, the forum is an extra help, but mainly the support should be given by your reseller, and he shouldn't leave you to learn with "trial and error".

@Aitor, thank you, kind sir! I don't have a reseller, since I bought directly from gunthar.

Offline olliecrypto

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • TheCryptoBot Automated Cryptocurrency Bot
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 01:23:48 AM »
i am fairly sure all the gunbot license are sold by resellers, not gunthar at all.
maybe i'm wrong.

@Aitor, thank you, kind sir! I don't have a reseller, since I bought directly from gunthar.
My favorite Trading Tool :
Gunbot - the Automated Cryptocurrency Trading Bot
https://thecryptobot.com