Username: Password:

Author Topic: Can anybody explain this message?  (Read 7511 times)

Offline tammons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Can anybody explain this message?
« on: November 17, 2017, 11:09:25 PM »
Running gunbot in bbrsi mode, several pairs, and I just missed 3 buys where all the conditions were met.

The RSI was below my buy line. The candle was at or below the lower BB and or within the BB percentage range.

I am getting the message - "Waiting to buy: Price too high!!"

So all the conditions were met and whatever was causing the "waiting to buy" message long enough to stall the buy, and then the MA went above the RSI line and the lower BB, effectively cancelling the buy.

I have had this happen several times before and would like to know what controls the "waiting to buy message."

Offline tammons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Can anybody explain this message?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 01:31:28 AM »
Okay, this is getting ridiculous.

Worked fine for the last two days, and yet today, GB wont do anything but cycle the log.

Hits the correct conditions but never executes.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Can anybody explain this message?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 07:21:06 AM »
maybe the interval or the ticker. the bot, how you have set it, is maybe too slow for the conditions. during the past days it may have been OK, but now you maybe need faster. try if setting interval ticker update to less than you have it now helps (but not setting it to less than your exchange will tolerate). or, you need to rethink the interval your bot is looking at. this can be done on tradingview and setting different time candles to see if the bot would react better. this would help https://gunthy.org/forum/index.php/topic,1788.0.html hugely to find out what is wrong.