Username: Password:

Author Topic: gb 6 memory usage ,,,,  (Read 8997 times)

Offline jim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
gb 6 memory usage ,,,,
« on: November 12, 2017, 12:41:33 PM »
GB 6 is maxing out 2gb memory on my vps is anyone else seeing high memory usage ?

cheers

Offline ruphus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: gb 6 memory usage ,,,,
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 01:52:17 AM »
Upgraded today, running 25 Pairs - currently running without big memory usage on VPS

Offline jim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 02:21:11 PM »
what OP system are you using ?

Offline tammons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 01:10:55 PM »
There is a memory issue with this latest version, Gunbot XT, running on windows. It gets slower and slower and slower. I like to leave gunbot running on the GUI so I can make changes until I get everything dialed in. Tried it on a VPS and my computer and both will slow to a crawl. Someone else mentioned a memory leak which needs to be fixed badly.

You can set your pairs, and then stop the GUI, and then run gunthy.exe. That wont take so much memory, but if you need to tweak something you have to kill the gunthy window, and reopen the GUI, when finished close it again restart gunthy.exe etc.

Also another issue, is when restarting the GUI interface above, the small black window, (I assume gunthy.exe), it can get into a condition where it just opens and closes over and over endlessly and cannot be stopped.

You have to reboot to stop it.

IE Gunbot XT has bugs, and its buggy enough that you cannot run it 24/7 due to the memory leak.

IE please fix.

Offline tammons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 09:49:09 PM »
I gave up on AWS with 1gb memory. I only run 4-6 pairs so thought that would be enough. Bu tI should have suspected that it would not do since it slowed my home computer to a crawl.

This morning I set up a 1+1
Type: Cloud Server XL
CPU: 2 vCore
RAM:4 GB
SSD: 120 GB
Windows 64 bit

This is what it has done.

This, IMO is not a clean running program, and whatever they have done progressively ups and ups the processor usage until it maxes out.

IE Gunther has more work to do.

I am running at 2GB right now but it is slowly climbing.

But the processor has rapidly climbed to 90%.

Both of these should level off, if this is a clean running program.

Here is where it is now after 9 hours of gunthy-gui on chrome.

Offline tammons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 10:51:53 PM »
It has leveled off.

CPU at about 88% and memory at about 1.8 GB.

I can only assume that the rapidly climbing CPU is due to more and more and more complex calculations as it learns. So maybe gunthy and gunthy gui just takes huge resources. Although I know it does have a bug for one, when the gunthy window opens and closes non stop in a loop.

Offline tammons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 12:51:28 AM »
This program needs a fix bad.

I spoke too soon previously.

Now running 8 pairs, my processor is at critical. Probably 95%.

Memory is at 2.5 GB and going up rapidly.

This program has a memory leak or something is not quite right.

Offline jim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 01:35:05 AM »
my issue was my own fault i made a startup script that was not good it started gb over and over again

i got rid of the script and now running on a lynux vps 2gb running 11 pairs it is only using 7% of the ram

Offline tammons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 01:39:11 AM »
Mine leveled off a bit. 85% processor but still at about 2.5 GB ram.

That's with windows.

Offline Loonie

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 09:36:45 PM »
I'm getting the same issues with an ROG G751 series. 16G of ram, i7 4720 processor so you can imagine how I feel. After 4 or 5 days of uptime i was peaking 80-90% ram usage and cpu spikes into the 90's iirc.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 08:01:15 AM »
I run mine on an ancient 2 core Celeron PC, with 4G RAM. KODI, which I often use, says the system has about 3 G of RAM available, so I presume the bot runs on less than 25% RAM usage. I watch movies along the bot working the now 13 pairs (increased from previous 9). Processor cores run on about 5-7% when running windows plus the bot and nothing else. I run strictly in console mode, no GUI. I use the GUI for setting up, it's a bit nicer than with the notepad editor. But after setting things up and saving everything, I immediately stop the bot in the GUI and restart the console only.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:11:42 PM by sloaleks »