Username: Password:

Author Topic: Tried to create a second Binance account for testing, getting error from Gunbot  (Read 7687 times)

Offline monochromatic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I'm using Gunbot 7.0.2 with a license for all 6 exchanges and I'm trying to test out some new strategies. I mainly use Binance and I thought it would be smart to do this on a separate Binance account since I didn't want to disrupt my ongoing trades. I tried setting up a second Gunbot with my primary Binance account API as the masterkey, and the new Binance account API as the exchange key... but when I try to load the second Gunbot instance I get an error:

"The API key you provided is not from your BINANCE account!!! Please use an API key from the same account of your MasterKey!"

So... does that mean I can't run tests on a separate account on the same exchange?

I suppose I could run the second GunBot on the same exchange account, as long as I don't mix coins between the two, and I'm careful about API requests so I don't get banned. But it would be so much easier to run these tests in a sandbox account...

Offline GenoSophy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Same problem, but on poloniex and occurring after a period of success.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 06:35:33 PM »
I have the same problem with Poloniex.  I contacted my Gunbot reseller and he told me You are only allowed one account per exchange, unless you purchase multiple Gunbot licenses.

Older versions did seem to allow it, but I am using Gunbot v8.03.

it may have been a fluke, but Gunbot did run for me for several hours, making several trades before putting this message in the out.txt file:
[
The API key you provided is not from your POLONIEX account!!! Please use an API key from the same account of your MasterKey!
]
(note that there are multiple out.txt files in a fresh install of gunbot.)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:23:26 PM by GenoSophy »