Username: Password:

Author Topic: Troubles with Stepgain and Wiki doesnt help...  (Read 5821 times)

Offline SirBonus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Troubles with Stepgain and Wiki doesnt help...
« on: November 22, 2018, 12:31:46 PM »
I have serious problems with Gunbot V11 when it comes to stepgain...

Before the new release V10 Gunbot has bought with TSSL and sold with Stepgain. Sell level 2 with 2.0 level 2 and 25 level 3.

With V11 Stepgain is somehow changed...
First it seems Gunbot gives a shit about my sell levels. Everytime Gunbot sold a coin it was below the 2%. It seems like Gunbot sells on "Gain" instead of sell levels. Looking into the wiki i cant find "Gain" on stepgain either... so theres something wrong with Gunbot or with the Wiki?

Also I dont understand the change to xtrend. Whats the "legacy way" - like it was in V10? Do I have to activate or deactive xtrend to behave like in V10 or V9? I was very happy with stepgain cause I was able to ride pumps even with little dumbs without selling on every little resistance like with TSSL cause the "trend was still up".
I just want my V10(V9, 8, 7, 6) Stepgain back, when Gunbot entered sell mode on 2% and was waiting till trend reversed to sell ABOVE my sell level and not below.

So what i have to do or is stepgain just buggy selling on "gain"?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 03:10:22 PM by SirBonus »

Offline boekenbox

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Troubles with Stepgain and Wiki doesnt help...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 09:17:54 PM »
What changed in v11 for stepgain is that the use of XTrend is now optional.

What this means is that when XTREND_ENABLED is set to false, orders within the buy/sell levels are placed as soon as a price reversal is detected, this is called legacy in the wiki because XTrend was only introduced in Gunbot v6. With XTREND_ENABLED: true, stepgain should behave exactly as it did in v10.

I tested stepgain, without XTrend, extensively before the v11 release came out. In my experience it does respect the set sell levels.