Username: Password:

Author Topic: Double Up Configuration  (Read 10182 times)

Offline DaleyEdster

• Rookie
  • Money never sleeps...
    • View Profile
Double Up Configuration
« on: August 12, 2017, 02:49:56 PM »
Please could somebody explain how the current 'Double Up' seeing works? I know it's there to average down the price to help her rod of bags but at what point does it re-buy at the new lower price? I was just a bit worried as somebody on here said that GB had spent 1.5 BTC buying over and over as the price got lower.

So, a suggestion. Can the double up be configurable? E.g. if the price goes down 20% from the previous buy level then it buys more coin. Then it won't double up again until it goes down another 20% etc. A bit like step gain but different double up levels. So Double _Up1 = 20, Double _Up2 = 20 and so on.
Authorised reseller of the Gunbot license. Please PM me for more details and offers!

Offline GuyTheGuy

• Contributor
  • Lunar Crypto
    • View Profile
    • Lunar Crypto
Re: Double Up Configuration
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 08:41:07 AM »
As far as i can see that is exactly how it works. Dangerous setting though, be careful
Contact for any questions or inquiries:
Lunar Crypto Telegram Group: https://t.me/LunarCrypto
Lunar Crypto Discord Server:  https://discord.gg/Z7qsaqk

Offline mikethemagic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 09:25:08 AM »
+1 I also made the observation that the current double-up is not perfect in the current market situation since it drains the bot's liquidity very fast. It works best if you only have 1-2 bags and the bag is not too much into the negative (e.g. -5%). For bags that are -20% or if you have a lot of bags you are probably better off doing it manually waiting for a more longterm trend up.
I agree that a config setting to limit the number of double-ups per pair (e.g. only double up n-times per pair) or a liquidity limit (e.g. only double up if balance is > 0.5 BTC) would allow for way better money management.

Offline krixt

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 10:03:15 PM »
+1 on this. The DOUBLE_UP feature needs some safety configuration options. Like DOUBLE_UP_LIMIT, (how many times it will do it), and DOUBLE_UP_PCT: X (how much % price must have fallen from original bought before double buy will happen)

Offline AnotherOne

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »
+1 on this. The DOUBLE_UP feature needs some safety configuration options. Like DOUBLE_UP_LIMIT, (how many times it will do it), and DOUBLE_UP_PCT: X (how much % price must have fallen from original bought before double buy will happen)

I was wondering the same thing... How much % the bot think it's time for double up... Can drain ressources in no time.

Offline johnv

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 02:31:49 PM »

Totally agree, invaluable suggestion