Username: Password:

Author Topic: Apply saved settings without restarting pair?  (Read 7646 times)

Offline Motobruin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Apply saved settings without restarting pair?
« on: September 05, 2017, 09:32:50 PM »
I'm running 3.3 GUI version on Windows 7. When I make a change to settings for a pair (e.g. change Max Balance to Trade or BB high / low settings), and I save settings for the pair, I don't see the settings updating in the top right pane of the live window for that pair. Scrolling down to the bottom of the top right pane, it's still indicating the previous settings. How do I ensure that those new settings are updated without having to stop the bot on that pair and restart? (Further, is there any downside to stopping the bot and restarting the pair, aside from losing session history on BTC profit)?

Offline sylance

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Apply saved settings without restarting pair?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:03:32 PM »
Saving the pair should add those changes to the bot's log.  When you save, you should get a message: "Config file changed, Reconfig scheduled."  If you're getting that but the numbers don't change then it's either the window isn't refreshing, or your changes aren't big enough to change the numbers (meaning what you're changing is less than another number that's driving it.)

Lastly, are you on a VPS?

Offline Motobruin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 11:51:52 PM »
Looks like if I wait long enough the settings are refreshing in the top right pane. Not on a VPS. Running in Windows on Parallels on my Mac.

Related to your comment about changes not being big enough to change the numbers based on something else driving it, can you give me an example? I've heard that there can potentially be conflicting BB vs Buy Level settings. If I'm running Buy Level 3 with 25% / 25% BB settings, does that mean that even if the price is below the 25% low BB limit, the bot may still not buy until 3% below EMA? Perhaps there's a more optimal setup than what I'm doing. I'm seeing buys, but not as many as I would expect.

Offline cryptosticks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 04:17:19 AM »
Running via Parallels on a Mac can slow you down.  Being slow means your bot's buy or sell requests get to the exchange a bit slower.

Try running via command line on your Mac instead of Windows emulation?  And check your CPU usage.  I imagine your BB settings might be causing your Mac to do some serious thinking if you have many trading pairs.

Just FYI: I'm using BB-BB for buy-and-sell with closer to 45-45 settings.  Your BB 25-25 decision may be an important factor to consider.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 08:28:12 AM »
I'm running 3.3 GUI version on Windows 7. When I make a change to settings for a pair (e.g. change Max Balance to Trade or BB high / low settings), and I save settings for the pair, I don't see the settings updating in the top right pane of the live window for that pair.

You should see a message something like "Settings changed. Scheduled reconfig." And it should apply the new config in the next cycle.