Username: Password:

Author Topic: N00b  (Read 5884 times)

Offline CryptKeeper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
N00b
« on: February 02, 2018, 09:40:27 PM »
Hi All,
I am Gunbot N00b and look forward to learning more about trading fundamentals, Gunbot and seeing some small gains.

I started running the bot over the last 48 hours and thus far it has not made any trades. Krypto pointed me to look at turning off Okkies and see the result so I'm going to look into that when I get home. I'm also having issues getting Telegram and Trading view setup.

Do you think it is best to start with vanilla strat settings first?
My first test is against ETH-XLM and once I feel comfortable I plan to add more pairs.
I'm just pointing it at Binance for now and Have BNB usage turned off on Binance as those coins can be pretty valuable to trade vs burn.
I read somewhere though that it was suggested to turn on BNB burn otherwise the silly decimal usage on Binance causes issues....

I welcome any tips, ideas, suggestions, whatever....
Cheers
D

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: N00b
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 07:54:07 AM »
Yes, disable okkies as you trade ETH as your base currency. I'd leave BNB usage on true, as it causes pesky decimal issues. The burn is really not that much, and you can always buy and keep extra BNB in a private wallet for hodling. At least try it for a while, as you are new to this thing. It is very annoying getting errors as a newb instead of concentrating on tweaking your trade strategies instead, to start making some successful trades ... and some money.