Username: Password:

Author Topic: DU Method & Buydown only consider original buy even after additional purchases?  (Read 2653 times)

Offline WhiteGoblin

• Rookie
    • View Profile

Hello everybody! Not sure if really a bug or if my understanding of DCA is off. I've been using Gunbot for a couple years now and been a pretty big fan of the DCA system. I've been away from the bot for about six months though and coming back I'm a bit thrown off on how it's now working in the newest v20 of the program. I'm almost positive that in previous versions it would apply the range you set in DU Method & Buydown to the latest purchase you've made instead of always referring to the original purchase. Example: if you set 0.5 to both, it wouldn't perform a third purchase until it was 0.5 down from the second DCA buy.

Currently I'm using DCA with Method & Buydown both set to 0.5 then TrailMe DU turned on with a setting of 0.25. It'll trigger multiple DCA purchases back to back when it sees the proper trailing being matched even if they're right next to each other at the same price. So it's only using DU Method & Buydown to look that it's below the set amount in comparison to the original purchase. I'm pretty sure it use to take additional purchases into consideration so that it wouldn't buy at the same price again and again burning through your DCA Cap Count.

Anyone else experiencing this? Am I off in my understanding? I know I want it to consider the latest purchase instead of always referring to the original so that it can keep working it's way down and better utilizing each Cap Count as it can get pretty expensive quickly. Like I said before, I'm pretty sure that's always the way it's worked so I wanted to post a bug report on this, but not entirely sure it's a bug verse the program changing in the new version.

Thanks for your time, /cheers

Offline sbogovac

• Contributor
    • View Profile
I might be reading too fast, but according to the Wii it's still (should be) related to last buy: https://wiki.gunthy.org/trading-strategy-options/dollar-cost-avg-dca