Username: Password:

Author Topic: how to buy at a percentage under the lowB  (Read 5468 times)

Offline Alphadan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
how to buy at a percentage under the lowB
« on: April 10, 2020, 11:34:37 PM »
im using Bolinger Bands, I would like to enter to buy cycle at a percentage under the lowBB, after lowerig the lowBB setings in the "indicators" tab to -1 from 0, doesn't affect the entry point shown in my gunbot console.

im doing something wrong? lacking a setting? or does the entry point work in some weird way?

im using TrailMe and Take Buy btw.

Offline CryptoDROI

• Rookie
  • Get Gunbot Now!
    • View Profile
    • CryptoDROI Gunbot Reseller
Re: how to buy at a percentage under the lowB
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 03:11:12 AM »
IMO you're complicating your entry point too much, remember every strategy follows the AND principle, meaning in your case BB -1 AND take buy with your set TBuy range AND Trail me buy,  just making it probably more accurate but difficult to achieve.

My advice is to keep it simple, gain with take buy/tprofit OR trail me,  OR TSSl... just some ideas

Hope this help
Authorized Gunbot Reseller https://cryptodroi.com/

Offline Alphadan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 08:47:37 AM »
took your advice and turned off the Take buy and take profit, just left BB with trailme for buying which i think is the same as bb with tssl.

and  for selling i'm using Gain with a fixed 0.5% also with trailme also like a gain with tssl right?

but the setting i dont understand is the lowBB in the indicator settings

1 - Low BB set to    0 = entry point  157.37193000 PAX
2 - Low BB set to -10 = entry point  156.94266000 PAX

The setting is not being ignored as I initially though but is not what i understood from the wiki

"When set to 0, the lower Bollinger Band is the target. When set to 30, the target is 30% above the lower Bollinger Band - the upper band is at 100% from the lower band. Negative values are allowed."

so if i'm not wrong if i set the value to -10 the target would be 10% under the "Low bb" but i dont see how 0.42927 PAX would be 10% of 157 PAX, may be is not 10% of the price??? what  i am  missing here?

Offline CryptoDROI

• Rookie
  • Get Gunbot Now!
    • View Profile
    • CryptoDROI Gunbot Reseller
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 06:40:31 PM »
This is what I can see on the Wiki:

This sets the target for buying at a percentage below the lowest EMA. Additionally, the price must reach LOW_BB.
When you set this to 1, buy orders will only be placed when the current price is at least 1% below the currently lowest EMA.

Another thing I can recommend you is check on Tradinview and see how your settings look in there.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 06:51:06 AM by Aitor »
Authorized Gunbot Reseller https://cryptodroi.com/

Offline Truitaman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 07:23:10 PM »
took your advice and turned off the Take buy and take profit, just left BB with trailme for buying which i think is the same as bb with tssl.

and  for selling i'm using Gain with a fixed 0.5% also with trailme also like a gain with tssl right?

The setting is not being ignored as I initially though but is not what i understood from the wiki

"When set to 0, the lower Bollinger Band is the target. When set to 30, the target is 30% above the lower Bollinger Band - the upper band is at 100% from the lower band. Negative values are allowed."

so if i'm not wrong if i set the value to -10 the target would be 10% under the "Low bb" but i dont see how 0.42927 PAX would be 10% of 157 PAX, may be is not 10% of the price??? what  i am  missing here?
Hi mate,

negative signal value it means it will be - the lowest point (0) of the BB LOW_BB that also is calculated by the SMAPERIOD (number of candles gunbot will use to calc the lowbb and highBB  , so if u set a -5 it will try to buy at -5% of low_bb based in your period and LOW_BB. A negative value in the LOW_BB can b extremely useful if market is bearish, so u buy post dump usually taking a good position then u can mix the strategy with a gain  for sell and use stochRSI cross to sell your bag, that's just an example.

As well you can check BBTA strategy is slightly different behaviour, gunbot only will buy when price return to the low_bb, that one is even more effective in bearish market.

trick: you can change standard_deviation value to narrow or wide your bb.

Offline Alphadan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 08:07:15 PM »

Hi mate,

negative signal value it means it will be - the lowest point (0) of the BB LOW_BB that also is calculated by the SMAPERIOD (number of candles gunbot will use to calc the lowbb and highBB  , so if u set a -5 it will try to buy at -5% of low_bb based in your period and LOW_BB. A negative value in the LOW_BB can b extremely useful if market is bearish, so u buy post dump usually taking a good position then u can mix the strategy with a gain  for sell and use stochRSI cross to sell your bag, that's just an example.

As well you can check BBTA strategy is slightly different behaviour, gunbot only will buy when price return to the low_bb, that one is even more effective in bearish market.

Hi Bro, thx for your time

when you mean

so if u set a -5 it will try to buy at -5% of low_bb based in your period and LOW_BB.

but -5% of the price or 5% of something else?

or does the fact that after saving the setting bot restarts and  loses the candles it had gathered? or does it keep track of them in the json?

I made this test for example:

Checked the entry point when it was 0 the immediately changed the Low BB to -10 and the result is only 0.4 pax from 157 pax thats even a fraction of 1% not near the 10% decrease i was expecting i made this test because i was afraid that the bot was ignoring this setting.

yeh i have the bbta in my list of things to test, just playing around trying to understand the bot and find a good strategy.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 07:27:37 AM by Alphadan »

Offline Truitaman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 04:21:58 PM »

Hi mate,

Hi Bro, thx for your time

when you mean

so if u set a -5 it will try to buy at -5% of low_bb based in your period and LOW_BB.

but -5% of the price or 5% of something else?

or does the fact that after saving the setting bot restarts and  loses the candles it had gathered? or does it keep track of them in the json?

I made this test for example:

Checked the entry point when it was 0 the immediately changed the Low BB to -10 and the result is only 0.4 pax from 157 pax thats even a fraction of 1% not near the 10% decrease i was expecting i made this test because i was afraid that the bot was ignoring this setting.

yeh i have the bbta in my list of things to test, just playing around trying to understand the bot and find a good strategy.

Hi,

that depends on the period u use, so it's not the same 1m, 5m, 15m, 30m, 1h, 4h, Daily.

So there's not a perfect match for what u're asking, u need to backtest in tradingview and check what values works for you in each alt coin u want to trade, there's not exact values or default values for all coins and as well depends on market structure.

Take your time to backtest with allanster free bb tool in tradingview.

https://www.tradingview.com/script/qgDP8Onu-GunbotXT-BB-RSI/

Offline Alphadan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 04:58:34 PM »
Thanks Truitaman, thats what,  I wanted to know i though it was 10% of the price just needed to clarify.

Offline satcit2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 12:21:00 PM »

-10 is not 10% below the low bb price value. If, at a particular time, B is the price corresponding to high bb and A is the low bb price, -10 means {10/100*(B-A)} points below the low bb
Hope I'm clear.

Offline Alphadan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 12:15:29 PM »
Thanks Truitaman, thats what,  I wanted to know i though it was 10% of the price just needed to clarify.

yes thanks for clarification.