Username: Password:

Author Topic: alt-coin as base-coin  (Read 6319 times)

Offline karlhungus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
alt-coin as base-coin
« on: May 25, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »
TL;DR: Can you set up trading pairs to accumulate alt-coins instead of the typical base-coins (e.g. use XRP-BTC as a trading pair instead of BTC-XRP)?

I was hoping to accumulate XRP instead of BTC, so as per the wiki (https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/wiki/Configuring-Gunbot#pairs), I was making my base-coin XRP and trading it against quote-coins/quote-fiat (BTC, etc;), which would make the pair format XRP-BTC.  However, doing this gives me "invalid symbol" errors, and the bot doesn't run. People have said to just change the trading pair to BTC-XRP.  However, if I change the format to BTC-XRP, then BTC would be the base-coin, and that would accumulate instead of XRP, correct?

When I do set up the trading pair as BTC-XRP, the bot runs without error, which makes me think the limitation of using XRP as a base-coin is inherent in the bot itself or a limitation of my current exchange (CEX.IO)  I am not sure which is the real issue.

Does anyone know if this issue (errors while using XRP as a base-coin; e.g. XRP-BTC) is a problem on other exchanges as well, or just CEX.IO?  According to the CEX.IO website (https://blog.cex.io/news/ripple-trading-cex-io-16801), XRP should be a viable base-coin for at least three trading pairs (XRP-BTC; XRP-USD; XRP-EUR).  If you know of any exchanges that allow this type of trading-pair, I'd love to hear about it.  Otherwise, I'll just have to accept the fact it's an inherent limitation of the bot.

Sorry for all the questions.  I have been scouring the wiki and various forums for the last few days, but to no avail.  Thanks in advance for your time and any advice you all have.

--Karl

Offline Hatly1989

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: alt-coin as base-coin
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 11:00:00 AM »
thanks
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:33:04 AM by Hatly1989 »

Offline Hatly1989

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 05:33:21 AM »
There are considerable errors while using XRP as a base-coin. I had read about it in the https://australianwritings.com.au/ they are providing various kind of Writing services for people like us, even though I do not know why you are wasting time in this kind of things. What is your advantage in this, if there is any benefit, then it is okay, otherwise it is a waste of time and Money.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 06:59:05 AM by Hatly1989 »

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 02:01:30 AM »
The bot is able to trade with any pair allowed by the exchange. You can trade with the exact same pairs you can trade manually, so it not depends on the bot, it depends on the pairs supported by each exchange.