Username: Password:

Author Topic: USDT trades  (Read 12782 times)

Offline amnesia

• Rookie
    • View Profile
USDT trades
« on: April 11, 2017, 12:59:50 PM »
i am using 1000trades on a linux machine.

i tried starting the USDT_BTC pair, and i got this message:

Code: [Select]
=== STOP LOSS GUNBOT STARTED at 2017/04/11 14:17:19 === current balance: 0.79497610 BTC ===
***You used enough balance on this pair, waiting to SELL...
=== PRICE INFORMATION UPDATE PAIR USDT_BTC at 2017/04/11 14:17:22 ===  last price: 1216.81000004
price target to buy: 1207.53753299
price target to sell: waiting for buy order to calculate sell price
=== SECURITY MARGIN REACHED at 2017/04/11 14:17:22  === Currency decreased to the security level you have defined. Bot will sell all your coins and wait until currency recover its value
Entering safety mode...please wait...
***Your altcoin balance is 0.79247611
***GUNBOT is calculating pumps and dumps...please wait
***You used enough balance on this pair, waiting to SELL...
=== PRICE INFORMATION UPDATE PAIR USDT_BTC at 2017/04/11 14:17:29 ===  last price: 1218.30900000                                                                               
price target to buy: 1207.53753299                                               
price target to sell: waiting for buy order to calculate sell price               
Looking for obsolete BUY orders. Ts:1/40                                         
***Your altcoin balance is 0.78497629

The moment i read the line that said "=== SECURITY MARGIN REACHED at 2017/04/11 14:17:22  === Currency decreased to the security level you have defined. Bot will sell all your coins and wait until currency recover its value" i panicked and stopped.

my USDT_BTC.config.js:

Code: [Select]
var config = {
//-----------------------------------------------
//  PRIMARY SETTINGS
KEY: 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX',
SECRET: 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX',
BUYLVL1: 1, // first level margin to buy when currency decreases its value (example: buy when currency decreases 1% of EMA)
BUYLVL2: 3, // second level margin to buy when currency decreases its value (example: buy when currency decreases 3% of EMA)
BUYLVL3: 5, // third level margin to buy when currency decreases its value (example: buy when currency decreases 5% of EMA)
SELLLVL1: 2, // first level margin to sell when currency increases its value (example: sell when currency increases 2% of paid)
SELLLVL2: 5, // second level margin to sell when currency increases its value (example: sell when currency increases 5% of paid)
SELLLVL3: 10, // third level margin to sell when currency increases its value (example: sell when currency increases 10% of paid)
BUYLVL: 3, // buy level you want your gunbot to reach (example: i want my gunbot to buy when price reaches level 3)
SELLLVL: 3, // sell level you want your gunbot to reach (example: i want my gunbot to sell when price reaches level 3)
BTC_TRADING_LIMIT: 50,// max amount of BTC balance to use for each pair
SECURITY_MARGIN: 60, // sell all balance if currency decreases x% after you bought it
SELL_ON_START:false,
CANCEL_SELL_ORDERS_ON_START:false,

MAX_LATEST_PRICES: 30,// limit of latest prices to analyze to determine if price is growing or falling
MAX_LATEST_DIRECTIONS:30,// limit of latest  price directions ,used in supergun detection

STARTEMA1: 0.02,// weighted average interval in hours
STARTEMA2: 0.04,// weighted average interval in hours
PERIOD: 15,   // candlestick period

SAVEFILE_SUFFIX: '-save.json',

//   BOT TIMINGS
BOT_SLEEP_DELAY:(1000)*13,// bot cycle delay (koef*sec)
BOT_MAX_LIFETIME:999999999,// overall bot lifetime(koef*min),
BOT_ON_FAIL_DELAY:(1000)*5, // bot repeat cycle delay if previous cycle failed  (koef*sec)
// EMAIL
ALERT_ON_NO_FUNDS:false,  // email on insufficcient funds
SMTP_EMAIL: '%40@gmail.com',
ALERT_EMAIL:'********',
SMTP_PASSWORD: '**********',
SMTP: true,
SMTP_PROTOCOL: 'SMTPS',
SMTP_HOST: 'smtp.gmail.com',

//  DEBUG
DEBUG_LOG:false,
I_REALLY_WANT_IT:false,// debug hardcode hack
BUY_SMALL_PORTION:0.25,// debug volume limiter,must be  1 > x > 0

//  OUTPUT
MAX_LATEST_PRICES_SHOWN: 10, // limit of latest prices to show in console.log
SHOW_LASTEST_DIRECTIONS:true,  // show chart in console
MAX_LATEST_DIRECTIONS_SHOWN:10, // chart height
LASTEST_DIRECTIONS_LIST_WIDTH:15, // chart width

//   OTHER (might be deprecated/not in use)
BTC_BALANCE: 2// btc balance for test purposes,
};

module.exports = config;

i have this line set for the limit:BTC_TRADING_LIMIT: 50,// max amount of BTC balance to use for each pair
will that limit the bot to 50 USDT for trading the USDT_BTC pair? Or was it about to sell all the btc in the account?

TL:DR What setting should i tweak to limit the USDT_BTC pair?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:04:44 PM by amnesia »

Offline criptonauta

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: USDT trades
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 03:28:38 PM »
Hi

Set your Security Margin to something around 20% and the warning will disappear.
   ✔ FAST, APPROVED AND EASY Escrow for used GunBot licenses @ 5% ..:..Gunbot licenses 10% off: 'Criptonauta_Gun' code. | Tuning, Custom Strats | No VPS? Get yours here   ✔

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 03:56:02 PM »
with the 1000trades, set it to 101 (baiscally disabled: if USDT crashes that much you shoudnt worry about our BTC, you shoudl worry about yoru house...)

Offline amnesia

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 09:48:37 PM »
Set your Security Margin to something around 20% and the warning will disappear.

or

with the 1000trades, set it to 101

hehe, you guys got me confused, from what i can tell, if i raise the security margin to 101, it will wait for price to crash 101% and then call the margin to sell all coins, while if i give it a value of 20 that might be too soon. Do i understand those values correctly?

But will the bot use the value i gave it in the "BTC TRADING LIMIT" line, in my case 50 USDT, until the end of the world(until security kicks in at least) ?

What i want to achive is give it  a limit of 50-100USDT to trade against btc (as a hedge), while i keep most of the btc in the account to trade with alts.

Offline criptonauta

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 11:21:43 PM »
LOL

Where is the LOL emoticon?!

The first time I dealt in USDT market was several versions ago. At that occasion, it seemed that since USDT was inverted in proportion to BTC. So I set the margin to 20% and could trade normally.

What Gunthar says is obviously correct. If dollar crashes that much, our concern would be other for the world would be in severe crisis (if it's not already :D )

Just let Vincent Vega goes any side he wants to ^^
   ✔ FAST, APPROVED AND EASY Escrow for used GunBot licenses @ 5% ..:..Gunbot licenses 10% off: 'Criptonauta_Gun' code. | Tuning, Custom Strats | No VPS? Get yours here   ✔