Username: Password:

Author Topic: v20/v21 Windows Installation Troubleshooting  (Read 2806 times)

Offline syhkc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
v20/v21 Windows Installation Troubleshooting
« on: February 02, 2021, 03:48:16 AM »
I have followed all the outlined steps in the Wiki and the accompanying video, but upon opening gunthy-win.exe, I get the following error message:

Loading config...
[Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\win_14\logs\autoconfig-log.txt'] {
  errno: -4048,
  code: 'EPERM',
  syscall: 'open',
  path: 'C:\\Users\\xxx\\Desktop\\win_14\\logs\\autoconfig-log.txt'
} Uncaught Exception thrown

I can't seem to find any related posts about this issue in the forums either. I have tried:
Running as an administrator
Checking properties for unblock
Windows Defender

Does anybody know how to resolve this issue? Gunbot v16 has no problems with installation.

Offline syhkc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: v20/v21 Windows Installation Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 04:10:16 AM »
Some more context:

After extracting the "win_14" folder and opening up gunthy-win.exe, some additional folders get generated into the directory, including a folder labeled "logs".

Opening the "logs" folder shows that there are no files in there. I checked for hidden files too and there aren't any. I'm sure this is why the script keeps outputting an error code saying that it's having trouble opening "autoconfig-log.txt" because it doesn't exist and wasn't generated when I started up the program.

Not sure how to resolve this though.

Offline syhkc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 06:08:39 AM »
Tried everything I could think of. Ended up wiping my PC to scratch and reset it as factory. It worked lol.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 04:29:59 AM »
Some more context:

After extracting the "win_14" folder and opening up gunthy-win.exe, some additional folders get generated into the directory, including a folder labeled "logs".

Opening the "logs" folder shows that there are no files in there. I checked for hidden files too and there aren't any. I'm sure this is why the script keeps outputting an error code saying that it's having trouble opening "autoconfig-log.txt" because it doesn't exist and wasn't generated when I started up the program.

Not sure how to resolve this though.

Sound like a permissions issue. (windows user with no admin rights). Anyway, it's fine as far as your fixed it.