Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idea / Feature request: "The Bag Grower"  (Read 13709 times)

Offline nixxda

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Idea / Feature request: "The Bag Grower"
« on: April 07, 2017, 05:01:16 PM »
So I thought instead of selling all the Altcoins in every cycle it would be nice to have a

Bag grower Option

on some!

What I mean by that is to only sell for the same amount of BTC as we bought for. And by that growing the "bag" of this specific Altcoin we are trading.

@gunthar Would this be "easy" to code as an option? And is there any interest for this? apart from me, obviously.

Offline criptonauta

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Idea / Feature request: "The Bag Grower"
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 05:27:07 PM »
upvote

it'll buy at different prices, must calculate a good profit.
   ✔ FAST, APPROVED AND EASY Escrow for used GunBot licenses @ 5% ..:..Gunbot licenses 10% off: 'Criptonauta_Gun' code. | Tuning, Custom Strats | No VPS? Get yours here   ✔

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 05:55:30 PM »
The problem is that even the price we bought at, might be too high for an immediate sell

Offline dobcrypto

• Contributor
  • Russian - native language
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 06:12:59 PM »
After comments under my answer, I understood what the offer was =)
I like it idea.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:38:11 AM by dobcrypto »

Offline nixxda

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 08:34:05 PM »
maybe I should elaborate a bit,
with manual trades  what I sometimes do on "uncertain" Coins  is  to buy a bunch right into a rise,
lets say 0.5 BTC worth of XRP @ 0.000035 and then sell 0.5 BTC worth  at 0.000055.
what I have left now is  ~5194 XMR (ignoring fees)  which are  my profit!
If it rises even higher, good! but if it drops again I know that I've lost nothing and I can wait for another rise.

If I could accumulate Coins this way with the bot, all through at much smaller gains, it would not bug me as much if I see the big rises where the bot cant get into anymore ( ;)) and make me more independent from  the BTC value!

Some Coins I might even hold on to forever! Most probably not XRP so this was an not so good example. !-)

Am I making sense??

The problem is that even the price we bought at, might be too high for an immediate sell
that always stays the same! nothing we can do about that!-( exept magic maybe.....?!

Offline docta

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 12:03:06 AM »
this is a pretty cool (as well as thought-provoking) idea....   ;D

so basically what you're trying to do is keep the same %gain as your sell trigger, but instead of selling all, it will only sell enough altcoins to maintain 0% btc gain/loss.

meaning that over time, your btc balance should stay the same while accumulating altcoins

this might not be a bad idea for a couple of different scenarios.
1.  For Investment purposes.  because it encourages diversification.  anyone who uses the market for investment purposes will tell you diversify, diversify, diversify.

2.  When you believe that altcoins will eventually overtake bitcoin.  this should work in any situation where an altcoin becomes advantageous to use over bitcoin...even if that coin has a limited use.  because in this scenario, even in a longterm bitcoin bull market, many of the rising altcoins will experience more value growth than bitcoin...meaning your bags have the potential to get heavier and heavier just sitting there.

that's all i could think of off the top of my head lol, but certainly there are other potential advantages to this strategy.

part of the problem with implementing something like this is that there is a distinction between daytrading/swing-trading and longterm investment.  this idea sounds like it could work for a longterm investment strategy.  in other words, you could use such a bot to manage your own altcoin index fund where you would place a longterm investment and leave it to grow...and over time your portfolio will expand, accumulating a diversified altcoin profit while your initial principle investment (i.e. your bitcoin balance) stays the same.

i'm scratching my head over this one... i would consider purchasing a bot like this even if it ran through a totally different program...

Offline Swordfish85

• Rookie
  • Authorized GunBot Reseller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 07:41:33 AM »
I like this idea also...great opportunity for hodling some alts but not bagholding them...and sell manual at a price that fits for you!
Telegram @Sword_Fish || Gunbot_German_Section - for Bot Owners || Ping me @ Telegram for GunBot Bundle Requests|| PM @me

Offline zardos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 10:20:13 AM »
This is a cool idea!  I hadn't thought about breaking even and saving extra coins for long term investment.

Offline PopeofGainz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 04:03:07 PM »
I like this idea for coins that you think have long term worth but aren't very good for trading in the now. Get some coins and trade to break even but keep the coins you make. Hold em for as long as you want or sell them whenever you want for profit because you are then in for "free."

Offline ROMEOALPHA

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 05:10:37 PM »
wow, im glad i noticed this thread.  this is exactly what i am looking for and it is a feature i would even pay more for as an addon or separate bot.  even if he just waits patiently and the snipes the market at the right time so as to slowly accumulate over time.

i also just made a post about this here: https://gunthy.org/index.php?topic=206.0

although this thread explains in further depth what i want. i will also post this thread in my thread.  lets give these threads some exposure and let Gun know that we really want this and will support it development.

i'd suggest maybe it can be a paid upgrade for existing users and perhaps a feature of a deluxe version for new buyers.  of course free is always nice too,  but Gun is very fair offering us upgrades at discount so i like to support his great efforts.

also i like this way because some will want only the trading version but some others who focus on investment also like me will see the value in this option.  i need this yesterday! please Gun! =)