Username: Password:

Author Topic: And my memory usage continues to rise  (Read 6764 times)

Offline tammons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
And my memory usage continues to rise
« on: November 15, 2017, 03:17:56 AM »
Type: Cloud Server XL
CPU: 2 vCore
RAM:4 GB
SSD: 120 GB

8 pairs

Processor spiked to critical twice.
Has now settled at 85%.

Memory usage just spiked at about 90% or 3.6GB !

Offline tammons

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: And my memory usage continues to rise
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 06:39:53 PM »
I think this is more an issue with Chrome than with Gunbot.

I pretty maxed out 4 gb last night with Chrome.

Running the GUI on firefox used less memory which I cant believe since it is a memory hog on my computer. Way worse than Chrome on my computer.

Anyway....

From left to right, Chrome/Gunthy.exe only/Firefox

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 03:32:47 AM »
Both Firefox and Chrome uses a very high amount of memory and cpu usage, specially when a page handles a lot of info and it's opened during long time. A tip: You can click "RUN" in GUI, so the config file is saved, then click STOP, and just execute gunthy.exe. You will run the bot directly in a console and it will run much more smoothy. Hope that helps.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 09:18:27 AM »
Since I try stop myself interfering with the bot, I also prefer the GUI just to set it up and to actually run it in console mode. I'm trying to let it run at least a week (possibly a month) without me working at it, and see if my miserable earnings are the result of my constant poking at the bot, at the strategies and at the strategy parameters. And if console mode is also less heavy on the resources, so much the better ...

Offline BurnData

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 06:26:47 PM »
I was having similar problems on my AWS server with GBXT 5.5X. The CPU and memory were maxing out constantly and the AWS service kept reporting my server as "Unhealthy". I just installed 6.02 today and those problems seem to be much better and the "Unhealthy" status has gone away and hasn't come back.  The whole server is more responsive to inputs as a result. I'm only 5 hours into running 6.02 but it seems to handle the memory and CPU much better.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 09:34:16 AM »
I'm running 601 XT on a really small cloudserver, (1CPU core, 40 G SSD and 2G RAM) and it does never reach 50% RAM use along with windows 8 on 14 pairs ... with antimalware, which takes quite a bit more RAM than the gunbot ...