Username: Password:

Author Topic: switching exchange platform from polo to bittrex  (Read 8417 times)

Offline fatihk34

• Rookie
    • View Profile
switching exchange platform from polo to bittrex
« on: November 05, 2017, 03:27:33 AM »
Hello,

I switched crypto exchange platform from poloniex to bittrex. In order for my key to be updated I sent PM to gunthar. Should I take any other action to resolve this matter?

Thank you.

Offline jim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: switching exchange platform from polo to bittrex
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 04:26:16 AM »
Hello,

I switched crypto exchange platform from poloniex to bittrex. In order for my key to be updated I sent PM to gunthar. Should I take any other action to resolve this matter?

Thank you.

if you have sent your new key to gunthar all you have to do is wait
if you got your licence from an authorised reseller  then ask them they might be able to help faster

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 04:48:48 PM »
>if you have sent your new key to gunthar all you have to do is wait

I don't think so.
AFAIK, changing yourself your marketplace is not allowed.

You've to FIRST sell your licence for the old marketplace, THEN buy a new one for the new marketplace (a second hand one is fine).

HTH -

Offline fatihk34

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 05:04:43 PM »
It’s been 2 days and no reply yet from gunthar. Can’t I pay the difference if it is needed.

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 05:06:47 PM »
I don't think so. Please read above the procedure?

Offline fatihk34

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 05:59:45 PM »
not to be mean or rude but the procedure above seems to be very inconvenince and nonsense. I am not trying to avoid payment but it should be allowed to just pay the diffence to switch exchange platform. I was asked where to use when I purchased the license and price was the same for polo OR bittrex.

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 06:33:03 PM »
>not to be mean or rude but the procedure above seems to be very inconvenince and nonsense.

It's not my procedure, it's how it works.
You purchased a licence for a site, not a licence for any site.

And the work to change your licence isn't paid to the developer; that's the idea.
Simply sell it, and buy another one?
Or write to the developer - but I think you're loosing your precious time here, sorry.

Offline jim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »
>if you have sent your new key to gunthar all you have to do is wait

I don't think so.
AFAIK, changing yourself your marketplace is not allowed.

You've to FIRST sell your licence for the old marketplace, THEN buy a new one for the new marketplace (a second hand one is fine).

HTH -

Yeah sorry I was thinking for a second key for the same site !

Offline fatihk34

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 07:04:22 PM »
Fine... I gave up. To use with polo with my existing key, may I get a link that works for the latest version?

Offline jim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 07:24:13 PM »
Fine... I gave up. To use with polo with my existing key, may I get a link that works for the latest version?

This is what i used  it works i just watched it lol

https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/Gunthy/releases

but if you have not yet used any v5 then you will need to get Gunthar to enable v5

many ppl still use v3 .... as stable version

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 11:24:04 AM »
If you want to try another exchange, maybe try Gekko bot. It's free and works on 15 exchanges. https://gekko.wizb.it/. Not easy to set up as Gunbot, but doable. If you are so inclined, you can write your own strategies, if not some are available (EMA based, RSI based). If run in windows, Gekko doesn't use TA lib, but Tulip indicators lib instead. It is said to be equivalent, but can not guarantee it is (really dunno). The difference being Tulip indicators lib are said to be much easier to implement in windows than TA lib, for some reason. AFAIK gunbot is implementing TA lib strictly (which is apparently on the scene longer than Tulip). For win10 there is a workaround to possibly use TA lib, but it's a bit  complicated.
If you want something to play around a bit on another exchange, and don't want to sink a ton of money in it for the moment (or just for giggles:"look Ma, I could get rich if I traded crypto for realz!"), maybe this is the way to go. You can play out different strategies with no money whatsoever, you need just an account with the keys.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:40:25 AM by sloaleks »